Applying for Federal Financial Aid

These are the steps you need to follow:

File FAFSA starting October 11. Go to and create your own FSA ID and password.

  • If you have previously requested a FSA ID you can skip this step.
  • If you don’t remember your FSA ID, you can have it emailed to you.
  • Dependent Students: One of your parents will need an FSA ID in addition to your own FSA ID.

2. Go to and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

  • You will reference your previous year’s tax returns to answer several FAFSA questions.
  • Tip: Print out the FAFSA worksheets on the web to assist you with filling out the electronic form.
  • Our School Code is 003225.

3.  Go to and complete Entrance Counseling for student loans (if you have never attended WP).

  • All students should select “I am an undergraduate student.” This will take you to the Stafford Direct Loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized entrance counseling.
  • If you have been notified that you have a Federal Perkins Loan, click here.

4. Go to and complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for student loans.

  • Select loan type: Subsidized/Unsubsidized (PLEASE DO NOT select Graduate PLUS or Parent PLUS).
  • You will need your FSA ID and two references (with current contact info) to complete the MPN.