Work Study jobs are typically on campus and are available to students whose financial aid award does not cover their full need. Work Study earnings are not counted toward student income on the next year’s FAFSA, allowing students to reduce their expected family contribution while working a part-time job.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?

Complete an application and send it to the contact listed in the job description, or to:

Warner Pacific University
Office of Student Employment
2219 SE 68th Avenue
Portland, OR 97215

What are the requirements for Student Employment

Requirements and your Rights and Responsibilities are listed in the Student Handbook.

Am I eligible for Federal Work-Study Funds?

If you are unsure, check your Financial Aid Award Letter in your myWP portal under Financial Aid Checklist. It will tell you how much Work Study money you have been allotted to earn per semester.

What kind of job suits me?

Different people have different strengths, abilities, and experiences. Find the job that best fits your lifestyle and goals and matches your academic pursuits.

When am I expected to work?

Supervisors may ask when you are available to work. A copy of your academic schedule is helpful in giving them the necessary information. You can access your schedule on your myWP portal under Academics.

Who do I contact?

A contact person is listed at the bottom of each job description. Please feel free to call or e-mail the appropriate person.

What is my work experience?

Some supervisors may ask for a resume. Supervisors prefer to hire people with experience. If you have a resume, you can send it to them or use it as a reference when talking with them over the phone or in person.

What is next after I’ve been offered a student employment position?

Obtain a student employment packet from Student Financial Services in Upper Egtvedt and complete all paperwork. Once the completed paperwork has been submitted, Student Financial Services will process it and let your supervisor know when you are cleared to begin working. Employment eligibility documentation is required. Bring your picture ID and proof of citizenship/employment eligibility with you to campus to make it easier to complete the employment packet.

What if I have other questions?

If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Services by email at

Warner Pacific University operates in accordance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Act of 1975, and the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. These acts, as amended, prohibit discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national, or ethnic origin or physical handicap and provide for secure handling of all personal and educational records and materials. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Connect Today