Private Christian liberal arts college
- In 1937, in Spokane, Washington, as Pacific Bible College
- In 1939, the first graduating class consisted of two women who received the Christian Education certificate.
- In 1940, the College moved to Portland.
- In 1959, the College changed its name to Warner Pacific College.
- In 2018, the College became Warner Pacific University.
- Read more about Warner Pacific’s history.
- Student to faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 14
- Full-time faculty: 27
- Institutional Effectiveness: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Degrees Offered: Associate, Baccalaureate (B.A., B.S.), Master’s, Post-Baccalaureate Certifications
- 25 majors
- 29 minors
- 7 pre-professional programs
- 4 graduate programs
- You can also design your own individualized major!
- Portland, Oregon
- 5 locations throughout the metro area including Centre 205, Tigard, Longview, SE Portland (main campus), and Vancouver.
- Mt. Tabor Campus sits on 14.5 acres adjacent to 195-acre Mt. Tabor Park
- 10 major buildings including the McGuire Auditorium and Schlatter Chapel
Student Enrollment 2016-17
- 1,121 total students
- 483 traditional undergraduates, 638 Professional and Graduate Studies undergraduate/graduate students (89 are graduate level)
- Students from 19 states and 2 countries
- Male to female ratio: 45/55
- Average High School GPA: 3.17
- 43% of students are transfers
- 84% of our traditional undergraduate students complete their degree and graduate in four years
- 53% of students identify as persons of color
- 45% of traditional undergraduate students live on campus (55% commute)
(Traditional Undergraduate Program)
- Tuition and Fees: $18,000
- Books and Supplies: $1,050
- Room and Board: $9,630
- Other Expenses: $2,500
- Percentage of full-time students receiving financial aid: 98%
- Average financial aid package: $21,014
- According to CollegeBoard, WP’s tuition costs were 35% lower than the average four-year private institution in Oregon and Washington.
- Get your individualized financial aid estimate: Net Price Calculator
- Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
- 27 Christian denominations are represented on campus.
- There are over 9,000 Warner Pacific alumni worldwide.
- WP alumni reside in all 50 states and 29 countries across the globe.
- Member – National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), Division II; Cascade Collegiate Conference
- Mascot: Knights
- School colors: Columbia blue and black
- 40% of our traditional undergraduate students are involved in Knights Athletics
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Men’s and Women’s Soccer
- Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track and Field
- Women’s Volleyball
- Men’s and Women’s Golf
- Men’s and Women’s Wrestling (added in 2014)
- Students and staff donated 51,544 hours of service each academic year (a value of $1,100,464 to Portland communities)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Regional West
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction
- View all Warner Pacific’s National Rankings
- 2013 winner of the CCCU Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Oregon Independent Colleges Association
- Oregon Independent Colleges Foundation
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities