Private Christian liberal arts college
- In 1937, in Spokane, Washington, as Pacific Bible College
- In 1939, the first graduating class consisted of two women who received the Christian Education certificate.
- In 1940, the College moved to Portland.
- In 1959, the College changed its name to Warner Pacific College.
- In 2018, the College became Warner Pacific University.
- Read more about Warner Pacific’s history.
- Student to faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 14
- Full-time faculty: 27
- Institutional Effectiveness: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Regional Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Council of Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC)
- Degrees Offered: Associate, Baccalaureate (B.A., B.S.), Master’s, Post-Baccalaureate Certifications
- 32 majors
- 27 minors
- 7 pre-professional programs
- 5 graduate programs
- You can also design your own individualized major!
- Portland, Oregon
- 5 locations throughout the metro area including Centre 205, Longview, SE Portland (main campus), Downtown Portland (sourceU) and Vancouver.
- Mt. Tabor Campus sits on 14.5 acres adjacent to 195-acre Mt. Tabor Park
- 10 major buildings including the McGuire Auditorium and Schlatter Chapel
Student Enrollment 2018-19
- 755 total students
- 364 traditional undergraduates, 387 Professional and Graduate Studies undergraduate/graduate students (66 are graduate level)
- Students from 19 states and 2 countries
- Men: 37%; Women: 63%
- Average High School GPA: 3.05
- 40% of traditional undergraduate students are transfers
- Graduation Rate: 46%
- 66.7% of students identify as persons of color
- 41% of traditional undergraduate students live on campus (59% commute)
(Traditional Undergraduate Program)
- Tuition and Fees: $18,000
- Books and Supplies: $1,050
- Room and Board: $9,630
- Other Expenses: $2,500
- Percentage of full-time students receiving financial aid: 98%
- Average financial aid package: $21,014
- According to College Board, WP’s tuition costs were 35% lower than the average four-year private institution in Oregon and Washington.
- Get your individualized financial aid estimate: Net Price Calculator
- Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
- 27 Christian denominations are represented on campus.
- There are over 9,000 Warner Pacific alumni worldwide.
- WP alumni reside in all 50 states and 29 countries across the globe.
- Member – National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA); Cascade Collegiate Conference
- Mascot: Knights
- School colors: Columbia blue and black
- 40% of our traditional undergraduate students are involved in Knights Athletics
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country
- Men’s Golf
- Men’s and Women’s Soccer
- Women’s Softball
- Men’s and Women’s Track and Field
- Women’s Volleyball
- Men’s and Women’s Wrestling
- Students and staff donate more than 50,000 hours of service each academic year (a value of more than $1,100,000 to Portland communities)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Regional West
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction
- View all Warner Pacific’s National Rankings
- 2013 winner of the CCCU Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The Oregon Alliance of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Designated a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education – the first 4-year college or university in Oregon to receive this designation