Students must file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to be considered for federal financial aid.

Students must file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to be considered for federal financial aid. It is available beginning October 1st for the following academic year. The government uses information in the FAFSA and a federal formula to determine the Student Aid Index (SAI). Access the FAFSA at Students will need an FSA ID and password to complete the FAFSA. One can be obtained at More information about the FAFSA and federal aid is available at For tips on completing the FAFSA, watch How to Fill Out the FAFSA.

Once the FAFSA is complete, the student and Warner Pacific (if listed on the FAFSA) receives a FAFSA Submission Summary. The school code for Warner Pacific is 003225.

Alternatives to the FAFSA

ORSAA: Oregon Residents unable to file a FAFSA may apply for the Oregon Student Aid Application (ORSAA) online at This application determines eligibility for the Oregon State Grant along with Warner Pacific institutional financial aid.

Need Application: Residents of states other than Oregon unable to file a FAFSA may submit a Warner Pacific Need Application to apply for Warner Pacific institutional financial aid.

FAFSA Waiver: Some students may be eligible to waive the FAFSA or Need Application requirement. The FAFSA Waiver is submitted to indicate that no type of Federal Financial Aid (including the loan programs) will be used. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid or an Admissions Counselor before completing this form.

Loan Borrowing Requirements

The FAFSA provides eligibility to borrow loans. Part of a student’s Federal financial aid award includes Federal Stafford Loans. If the student chooses to borrow loans to assist with paying for the cost of education, the student must complete two steps to receive the loan funds.

  1. Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling: Students who have never borrowed federal loans at Warner Pacific in the past will need to complete this counseling online at
  2. Master Promissory Note: This Loan Agreement is completed by the student to indicate their intent to repay the loans after leaving school or dropping below half-time enrollment.

To complete Entrance Counseling and a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN):

  • Log in to using your FSA ID.
  • At the top of the page, click on “Complete Aid Process” and refer to “Next Steps” on the next page
  • Under Step 05: Complete Entrance Counseling, click on “first loan”
  • Select “Log in to Start” for “I am an Undergraduate Student”
  • When logging in, use your FSA ID log in (same as what is used to complete the FAFSA)
  • When completing the Notify These Schools section, select Oregon as the state and Warner Pacific University as the school
  • After completing Entrance Counseling, at the top of the page, click on “Complete Aid Process” and refer to “Next Steps” on the next page
  • Under Step 04: Sign Loan Agreement, click on “Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)”
  • Select “Log in to Start” for “MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans” next to “I’m an Undergraduate Student”
  • When logging in, use your FSA ID log in (same as what is used to complete the FAFSA)
  • When completing the School Information section, select Oregon as the state and Warner Pacific University as the school
  • You will need reference information for two people using the following criteria:
    • List two persons with different U.S. addresses who have known you for at least three years
    • The first reference should be a parent or legal guardian
    • References must have different addresses and telephone numbers
  • Enter required information and remember to save a copy of the completed MPN for your records.
  • Once you complete the MPN and Entrance Counseling, your Checklist on Financial Aid Self Service (MyWP) will not update immediately. It may take time for these checklist items to show as completed; don’t worry.

Your Financial Aid Award Letter

Warner Pacific provides student Financial Aid Award Letters online through the MyWP portal. Upon admission, new students are sent an email with their WP Network Login and temporary password. Look for this email so that you can login to MyWP when you receive your award letter notification email.

Accept your Financial Aid and Sign your Award Letter on MyWP

  • Log in to MyWP.
  • Click on Financial Aid, then Financial Aid Checklist under WebAdvisor for Students in the upper left hand corner.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose My Awards. Accept (or decline) each award, as needed.
  • From the drop-down menu, choose Award Letter. Click the acceptance box at the bottom of the page.
  • If you are selected for verification, you cannot accept your need-based aid or sign your Award Letter. Complete verification requirements as quickly as possible so that your eligibility for financial aid can be finalized. Choose “Required Documents” from the drop-down menu on Financial Aid Self Service to view the steps you need to take to complete the verification process.


Does the FAFSA have to be filled out every year?

Yes, a new FAFSA is necessary in order to be eligible for federal financial aid each academic year.

  • The 2024-25 FAFSA includes fall 2024, spring 2025 and summer 2025
  • The 2023-24 FAFSA includes fall 2023, spring 2024 and summer 2024

How do I get a FAFSA login?

You will need to create an FSA ID and password at

What if I don’t need to file taxes?

If you earned income and are not sure if you need to file, go to the IRS Interactive Tax Assistant to find out if you need to file taxes. If you are not required to file, you can simply list any income you may have earned during that tax year.

What if I have not filed my taxes?

Most likely, you have already filed your taxes, as most of the deadlines to file have passed. If you have not filed yet, you must do so in order to be eligible for federal financial aid.

In the meantime, you can complete the FAFSA with estimated information and revise it once your taxes have been filed.

What information do I need to fill out the FAFSA?

You will need:

  • Your FSA ID login information
  • Other contributor name, address, Social Security Number, and email information
  • Who is a contributor on my FAFSA?
  • Your tax information
    • 2024-25 FAFSA – 2022 tax information
    • 2023-24 FAFSA – 2021 tax information
  • Records of untaxed income
  • Cash, savings and checking account balances
  • Warner Pacific University’s school code: 003225

What is an FSA ID?

Your FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to login to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the FAFSA.

It’s important to understand that a student and parent may not share an FSA ID. Your FSA ID is your signature, so it has to be unique to you. If you are a parent of a dependent student, you will need your own FSA ID if you want to sign your child’s FAFSA form electronically. If you have more than one child attending college, you can use the same FSA ID to sign all applications, but each child must have his or her own.

What tax year is required for the FAFSA?

  • The 2024-25 FAFSA uses your 2022 tax information.
  • The 2023-24 FAFSA uses your 2021 tax information.

When can I file my FAFSA?

A new FAFSA is available each year on Oct. 1.

FSA ID Troubleshooting

The following questions and more are answered in detail at

  • What if I forgot my FSA ID username and/or password?
  • What do I do if I get a message saying my FSA ID is locked?
  • What is an FSA ID?
  • Why won’t my FSA ID work?
  • Who needs an FSA ID?

Family Information to Know

How do I know if I am a dependent or independent student?

If you answer NO to ALL of the following questions, you may be a dependent student and may be required to provide your parents’ financial information when completing the FAFSA.

  • Will you be 24 or older by Dec. 31 of the school year for which you are applying for financial aid?
  • Will you be working toward a master’s or doctorate degree (such as MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, etc.)?
  • Are you married or separated but not divorced?
  • Do you have children who receive more than half of their support from you?
  • Do you have dependents (other than children or a spouse) who live with you and receive more than half of their support from you?
  • At any time since you turned age 13, were both of your parents deceased, were you in foster care, or were you a ward or dependent of the court?
  • Are you an emancipated minor or are you in a legal guardianship as determined by a court?
  • Are you an unaccompanied youth who is homeless or self-supporting and at risk of being homeless?
  • Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. armed forces for purposes other than training?
  • Are you a veteran of the U.S. armed forces?

If my parents (or I, if filing independently) haven’t filed their/my taxes, should I still fill out the FAFSA or wait?

You can fill out the FAFSA using estimated tax information. Any changes or corrections need to be updated on the FAFSA after your taxes are complete.

My parents are not helping me pay for school. How can I file without using their income information?

You must continue to use your parents’ income information as long as you are considered a dependent according to FAFSA requirements. Refer to the question above to determine if you are a dependent or independent student.

What is the deadline to submit FAFSA?

Each October, the FAFSA is available for the next school year. While we don’t have a deadline, it’s important to fill it out as soon as possible to meet state and school financial aid deadlines. It also ensures that you can complete your registration on-time.

What is the Student Aid Index (SAI)?

The FAFSA calculates an Student Aid Index (SAI), which is an index number that colleges use to determine your eligibility for need based Federal financial aid.

What is verification, and why do I have to do it?

Each year, the U.S. Department of Education randomly selects approximately 22% of those who complete the FAFSA for a process called verification. If selected, there’s no need to worry! Verification is simply designed to make sure information submitted on the FAFSA matches actual tax records.

If you’re selected, you will need to complete a Verification Worksheet and submit tax transcripts for both the parent and student. Your financial aid counselor will compare the figures on the tax documents with what you reported on the FAFSA and make updates to your record if necessary. If you have already received an award before verification is complete, a revised award may be sent.

Connect Today