Get help with your Financial Aid with these helpful FAQs:

Credit Cards Accepted

Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted online at and Discover, Visa and MasterCard are accepted for payments made by phone or in person.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes. Each year you should file the FAFSA for the following year when it becomes available on October 1.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Federal, state and some forms of University financial aid are accessed as a result of filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The form is found at and is available October 1 of each year for the following academic year. Step by step instructions can be found at

How will my financial aid be impacted if I drop a class or withdraw from my program completely?

Any changes to your schedule have the potential to impact financial aid eligibility, so it is always wise to consult with a Financial Aid Counselor before making changes.

When dropping a class, you are advised to complete a drop form with your Academic Advisor, which may help mitigate the impact to your financial aid. A dropped class is a change in enrollment status and can result in a reduction in student aid eligibility.

If you withdraw from school before the end of the semester, you may be expected to repay a portion of your financial aid. According to a formula prescribed by federal regulations, any refundable amount used to pay tuition and fees is returned to the appropriate financial aid sources. Contact your Financial Aid Counselor before withdrawing to understand the process better. If you withdraw from school or enroll less than half-time, be sure to complete Exit Counseling by visiting

Is there a maximum amount of financial aid I can receive?

Pell Grant eligibility is determined by need as demonstrated by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA. Eligibility will vary per student and with each FAFSA year based on Federal guidelines. Students are eligible for a maximum of six years’ worth of Pell Grant eligibility.

Regarding loans, per year borrowing depends on your grade level and dependency status. There is a maximum amount you can borrow in your lifetime.

The following represents the limit you may borrow in a combined total of subsidized and unsubsidized loans in your lifetime (known as aggregate loan limits):

  • Independent undergraduates = $57,500
  • Dependent undergraduates = $31,000
  • Graduates = $138,500 (This amount includes loans borrowed during undergraduate work.)

The following represents subsidized and unsubsidized loan limits for independent students per grade level:

  • Freshman: Up to $3,500 in subsidized and up to $6,000 in unsubsidized loans
  • Sophomore: Up to $4,500 in subsidized and up to $6,000 in unsubsidized loans
  • Junior: Up to $5,500 in subsidized and up to $7,000 in unsubsidized loans
  • Senior: Up to $5,500 in subsidized and up to $7,000 in unsubsidized loans

Federal regulations allow the lender and guarantor to withhold approximately 1% in loan origination and default fees at the time of disbursement. This may be added to the loan balance but does not count against the loan limits.

For more information regarding federal loans please visit

My loans were in repayment; now that I’m back in school, can they go into deferment again?

When you begin classes at Warner Pacific, the school will report you to the Department of Education as an active student and your student loans will automatically enter an “in-school deferment” status. You may also complete an in-school deferment request form, which is available through your lender’s website. NOTE: Deferment cannot begin until you are actually in attendance.

There is often a delay in the time it takes for your student loans to reflect the deferment status, but your loans should reflect the change within 30 days of your start date.

Outstanding Student Account Balances

Failure to meet arranged payment plan terms may result in plan termination. Delinquent monthly accounts and any deferred payment arrangements incur service charges. Continuous nonpayment may result in an administrative withdrawal from enrollment and may prohibit the student from registering in subsequent semesters and obtaining official and unofficial transcripts until such obligations are satisfied. Diplomas and transcripts are not released to any student until their student account balance is zero. In addition to withholding transcripts, records, or diplomas until all university expenses are satisfied, Warner Pacific reserves the right to preclude students with past due balances from representing the university in public activities or events. Students experiencing legitimate extenuating circumstances relating to their finances are encouraged to meet with Student Accounts personnel for counseling.

Payment Plans

Balances remaining after charges minus all financial aid, third party payments, and personal payments require a payment plan. Traditional Semester Student Payment Plans are computed for the academic year ending in April (typically nine months, maximum of 12 months). A pre-authorized plan is available to automatically deduct a monthly payment from a debit or credit card. A non-refundable enrollment fee equal to 5% of the amount financed will be charged to the student account and included in the payments upon plan approval. The university also offers plans through monthly student payroll deductions or with only two payments per semester (half due on the due date each semester, with the remaining balance due about mid-way through the semester) without additional fees.

Refund Policy

If a student withdraws from all courses or is dismissed from the University, a prorated amount of tuition and fees, except applied music fees and housing-related fees, will be refunded based on calendar days attended. After 60 percent of the term has passed, no refund will be granted. Any refund may be reduced by the tuition deposit, room reservation deposit and meals consumed. Additional charges may arise from the terms and conditions of a residential lease.

Should I apply for financial aid even if I think I don’t qualify?

Some financial aid is need-based as determined by federal methodology and the FAFSA, but other financial aid options are open to everyone. When in doubt, apply.

Special Procedural Provisions

Federal Title IV student aid is disbursed to pay educational expenses while enrolled. When a student withdraws prior to the completion of 60 percent of the semester for which aid was awarded, a pro-rated portion of the aid must be returned to the federal government.

Federal regulations require a written institutional policy for the refund and repayment of federal aid received by students terminating enrollment for any reason during a semester for which payment has been received. Refund calculations to determine the refund percentage are performed using the Federal Title IV refund procedure as prescribed by the U.S. Department of Education.

The institution is responsible for the return of funds to appropriate federal sources based on the refund percentage identified. The student is responsible for repayment to the institution or the federal government for any balance owed created by the withdrawal.

Student Accounts

Charges to students for all tuition, fees, and housing are recorded in an individual account based on the student identification number assigned upon initial enrollment. Grants, scholarships, and loan payments are recorded as credits against those charges as they are received. The balance due, if any, shown on the student’s account statement must be paid in full by August 1 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester, prior to moving into student housing, and upon receipt of subsequent monthly statements. Payments in excess of charges will be refunded to the student unless the student requests the funds be held on the account as pre-payment of future charges. All credit balances must be refunded to the student at the end of each academic year, regardless of student request. The student may apply the money to their student account for the next academic year charges by making a payment on their account.

If a student adds or drops courses, an official change of registration form must be submitted. Fees and charges are adjusted for adding and dropping courses within the allowed add/drop period at the full semester rate(s), with related adjustments in financial aid. Students considering a drop below full-time enrollment status are encouraged to discuss the financial impact of such a decision with Financial Aid personnel.

Upon registering for classes, students incur charges and are responsible for payments of these charges whether or not they attend. Warner Pacific University, a non-profit institution of higher learning, in establishing any student account, extends credit to students solely for the purpose of financing their education.


In order to provide students with maximum dependability and affordability, Warner Pacific University has chosen to partner with Slingshot to provide textbooks to all students.  The partnership with Slingshot allows students to receive the correct books in time for the start of the academic year.

All traditional semester program students will automatically be enrolled in the Slingshot Digital/Rental program without additional costs. Students receive their books on-campus during the weekend before classes start each semester and are not required to purchase their course materials on their own. Information is provided on the Slingshot website for students to access books provided digitally.  Students are required to return all rental books to the on-campus mailroom no later than the day after the course ends.

Students access their textbook information on the Slingshot website at Questions about your course materials or shipment information can be addressed by contacting the Slingshot Customer Service staff at 1-888-392-2930.

Students have the choice to opt out of this program until the payment deadline for the semester by contacting the Slingshot Customer Service staff at 1-888-392-2930 to request the Opt Out Form. Choosing to purchase course materials on your own does not reduce your tuition and fees.

Third Party Plans

The University participates in programs with third parties such as employers, government agencies, and embassies provided written documentation confirming enrollment in the third party’s reimbursement program is submitted to the Office of Student Accounts by the semester due date. All fees and charges not covered in the arrangement are the responsibility of the student and are due prior to the first day of classes. Delayed employer reimbursements may result in service charges to the student.

Unpaid Account Status

Full payment, or an approved payment arrangement, is required prior to moving into housing or attending classes. A student is placed on unpaid status if satisfactory payment arrangements are not made by the first day of the semester. Failure to contact the Office of Student Accounts may result in a voided registration. Unpaid balances, including those created or increased after initial clearance, may be subject to a 1.5% monthly service charge (18% annually).

What can I do if my financial aid doesn’t cover all of my costs?

Typically, there are out-of-pocket expenses for education in addition to financial aid funding. You can arrange payment plans with the Office of Student Financial Services and payments can be made online through MyWP at, in person at the Mt. Tabor campus, or by calling 503.517.1207.

To minimize the potential out-of-pocket costs, you should make sure to utilize all resources available including loans, grants and outside scholarships. You may view some available scholarship opportunities at

What happens to my financial aid when I leave school, drop below half-time or graduate?

Your loans will either enter into the six-month grace period or enter into repayment. This is a student-specific situation so we recommend that you contact your loan servicer, which can be determined by visiting Be sure to also complete Exit Counseling by visiting

When you begin classes at Warner Pacific, the school will report you to the Department of Education as an active student and your student loans will automatically enter an “in-school deferment” status as long as you are enrolled at least half-time. You may also complete an in-school deferment request form, which is available through your loan servicer’s website. NOTE: Deferment cannot begin until you are actually in attendance.

There is often a delay in the time it takes for your student loans to reflect deferment status, but your loans should reflect the change within 30 days of your start date.

What if I don’t want all of the loans offered to me?

You may request to cancel all or part of your Federal Stafford Loans by two different means:

  1. Through the financial aid self-serve portal, which can be accessed at Click on the “My Awards” section from the drop-down menu, then click on “Accept or Decline”. For each loan you would like to change, select the semester to be changed and update the amount accordingly, then click “Submit Changes” to send your request to the Financial Aid staff for review.
  2. Complete the Loan Change Form


What is a Leave of Absence (LOA) and why do I need one?

A Leave of Absence (LOA) is a planned temporary break in attendance with a specific date of return within the same semester. It is different than a break in attendance, which does not have a specific date of return. Completing an LOA form prevents any negative impact to your financial aid while you are out of attendance.

Warner Pacific University has a formal LOA policy for Professional and Graduate Studies Students (see the most recent Academic Catalog) that allows you to be out of attendance for a specific period of time, but you must meet requirements for an LOA to be approved:

  • You must schedule a return date
  • You must receive federally mandated LOA counseling from your Financial Aid Counselor prior to the last night of attendance
  • You must complete an LOA form
  • You must attend the last class session before your leave and return to class as expected after your leave

If you take a break in attendance without an approved LOA In place you may have to begin repaying your loans. Federal Stafford Loans have a grace period of six months before you must begin repayment. When you take a break in attendance you will not have to repay your loan until the grace period expires. But, if you use all of your grace period during your time out of attendance, you will have to begin repaying your loan immediately after you graduate or leave school. It is possible to request an extension to the grace period, but this must be done before the grace period expires. If your grace period has run out in the middle of your break in attendance, you will have to start making payments on your student loans.

What is financial aid?

Financial aid includes loans, grants, scholarships, work-study, tuition remit, employer reimbursement, VA benefits and other sources of funding. View additional funding options at

What is verification?

Verification is a review of information provided on the FAFSA. It is a federally mandated process. Please provide the documentation requested by the deadlines set by your financial aid team. Delaying your response will delay your financial aid. Verification may require you to submit items such as documentation of income, household size, number in college, and certain untaxed income, as well as other documents. If you have questions, feel free to contact Student Financial Services at 503.517.1091.

When do I receive my financial aid?

Generally, funds are scheduled to disburse to the school on the third week of the first class in a semester in the Professional and Graduate Studies program. Funds are disbursed to the school on the first day of the semester in the Traditional undergraduate program. Prior to disbursement, attendance must be confirmed. In addition, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling must be completed at

It may take up to 5 business days for Warner Pacific to receive the funds and post them to WPU student accounts. If you have more than enough funding for the tuition and book costs in a given semester, the school has up to 14 days from the date of disbursement to process any refund to you. For questions or concerns about a disbursement, balance, or expected refund, please contact Student Financial Services at 503.517.1091.

Where can I find the total amount I owe in student loans?

You can view basic information about your total aid amount at Warner Pacific on your FA Self-Serve home page – However, the best place to access that information is by visiting the Student Aid Dashboard at

This is the US Department of Education’s central portal for student aid that displays information on loan and/or grant amounts, helping you keep track of loan debt as well as outstanding balances, loan statuses, disbursements, and contact information for your Federal Stafford Direct Loan Servicer(s).

Where can I view my award letter?

Students may access award information on MyWP at

Once logged in, go to ‘Financial Information’ on the left-hand column to access your award letter and WPU student account information.

Who can I talk to about loan repayment options?

Your best resource for loan repayment information is your loan servicer. If you are not sure who your loan servicer is or how to contact them, visit

You can also learn more about student loan repayment options at

Will my financial aid be enough to cover all of my costs?

Financial aid is meant to serve as assistance in helping you pay for your educational expenses. It is also individualized, so you should contact your Financial Aid Counselor for information regarding costs versus aid eligibility. It is always wise to consider additional resources to pay for school.

Payment Plan Options

A student selects one Primary Payment Option. A Secondary Option is required if the Primary Option is not the Pay & Go Plan.

Pay and Go Plan

Payment course by course: If the Pay & Go Plan is the “Primary Option,” payment for courses are due in full by the first day each course starts. If the Pay & Go Plan is the “Secondary Option,” any outstanding charges not covered by the “Primary Option” are due by the first day the course starts.

Corporate Tuition Deferment Plan

Participation in this option requires that a copy of the company’s tuition reimbursement policy, on company letterhead, be on file and approved by the Office of Student Accounts. The portion of company reimbursed tuition and/or books are deferred 30 days from the last day of each course. The student is responsible to pay in full any amount not paid by the company by the 31st day after the course ends. The student is expected to notify the Office of Student Accounts of changes in employment status that affect payment.

Direct Bill Plan

Approved company tuition vouchers must be received two weeks prior to the start of each course. The student must pay tuition not covered by Direct Billing by the first day each course starts. One hundred percent (100%) must be paid directly to Warner Pacific University by the employer in order for this option to be considered a “Primary Option”.

Financial Aid Plan

Federal Grants and Stafford Loans are available for eligible students. One hundred percent (100%) of tuition is deferred with completed financial aid paperwork and a processed FAFSA on file. The student must pay tuition and fees not covered by financial aid on or before each payment due date in accordance with the terms under the Pay & Go Plan.

Changing Payment Plan Options

The Primary Payment Plan Option may be changed while attending the Warner Pacific University’s Professional and Graduate Studies program provided the student account is in good standing. In order to change plans, the student must contact the Office of Student Accounts and complete the appropriate financial agreement. All changes must be approved by Warner Pacific University.

Late Fees

Unpaid balances are subject to a 1.5% service charge each month the balance remains unpaid. To avoid late fees, payments must be made by the first day each course starts. This applies to any balance not covered by Financial Aid, Tuition Deferment, or a Direct Billing Plan.

Returned Check/Credit Card Fees

All returned checks or credit cards are assessed an additional $25 processing fee. If the account is delinquent when the check or credit card is returned, service charges plus a declined credit card or returned check fee will be charged to the student’s account. Warner Pacific University reserves the right to charge returned check or credit card fees and service charges at any time.

Failure to Pay

Failure to complete payment of tuition and fees by the specified due date may result in administrative withdrawal from the program beginning with the student’s next scheduled course. Students administratively withdrawn from the University for financial reasons are responsible for paying their account in full before they may be re-admitted.

Requesting Financial Aid Excess Funds

If your financial aid award exceeds your cost of tuition, fees, and books, you may be eligible to receive excess funds. Check your student account three weeks after you begin classes in the term to see if funds have posted to your student account. If funds have posted to your account, Student Financial Services will audit your account and automatically refund excess funds within 14 days of the funds being posted. Refunds will be directly deposited to your bank account (look for an email from a few days after your financial aid has been posted to set up your direct deposit information), or a check will be mailed to the address on record. Please allow the full 14 days for processing before calling to check the status of your refund.  Typically, excess funds are refunded at the end of the first course of each semester the student attends.

PLEASE NOTE: All refunds are an estimated amount. Changes to the cost of books, withdrawing, dropping, or adding classes after you have received your excess funds may create a balance due to Warner Pacific University.

Grade Release

Grades are released for paid courses only (exceptions may be made for Tuition Deferred Students), and only if an academic degree plan has been completed with the student’s academic advisor before the end of the second course in the student’s program. Transcripts are not issued until the student balance has been cleared by Student Accounts.


Withdrawing from a course may result in a student owed balance payable to Warner Pacific University. Please refer to the Attendance Policy in the Professional and Graduate Studies section of the University Catalog and in the course syllabus.

Note: Withdrawing from a course or changing the academic calendar may reduce or eliminate a financial aid award. Please consult with an Academic Advisor and Financial Aid Counselor prior to withdrawing from courses.

Textbook Policy

Warner Pacific University is committed to making a university education as accessible and affordable as possible. In addition to keeping tuition and fees low, the university is committed to keeping the cost of textbooks and instructional materials affordable while simultaneously ensuring that students in the accelerated learning program have dependable and timely access to those materials.

In order to provide Professional & Graduate Studies (PGS) students with maximum dependability and affordable choices, WPU has chosen to partner with Slingshot. The partnership with Slingshot allows for two important things: (1) students receive the correct books, on time, automatically, and (2) students may select purchasing options that allow them to better manage their financial resources.

Students in the Professional & Graduate Studies programs are automatically shipped their course materials about 2 weeks before each course starts as part of the Slingshot program. Course material charges are added to the student’s WPU Student Account when the textbook is shipped. Students have the option of choosing whether they receive New, Used, Rental, or Digital books.

Students access their textbook information on the Slingshot website at Questions about your course materials or shipment information can be addressed by contacting the Slingshot Customer Service staff at 1-888-392-2930.

Students have the choice to opt out of this program by contacting their Academic Advisor who will work with them to submit an opt out request.


Frequently Asked Questions regarding buying and renting books may be found on the Slingshot website. To receive books in a timely fashion, students should be registered for classes three weeks before the course start. Books and materials are shipped about two weeks before each course start date and are delivered approximately one week before each course start date. In order to avoid book charges, students must return rental books and books for dropped classes as instructed. Direct questions to Slingshot at 1-888-392-2930 or Students who believe they have extenuating circumstances that warrant an exception to the textbook policy should appeal to the Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. Additional information regarding textbooks and Slingshot can be found in the following places: Student Dashboard, MyWP Classes, and MyWP.

Connect Today