This past Saturday, on May 7th, Warner Pacific University held the 2022 WPU Spring Commencement Ceremonies at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront Hotel, where Warner Pacific students from near and far celebrated their individual and group accomplishments of becoming college graduates in front of family and friends alike.
“These Warner Pacific University students will continue the university’s glorious tradition in producing graduates who have extraordinary impact where their career and calling come together to fulfill great purpose,” WPU President Dr. Brian Johnson shared about the Class of 2022 Student Award Winners.
In order to be eligible for any of the following awards, students must have completed multiple levels of expectations, including but not limited to: academic performance, professional practice, community service, leadership, handling of responsibilities, communication between fellow students and staff/faculty, exceptional character, and exemplifying outstanding Christian character by leading by example.
Warner Pacific University staff, faculty, adjunct professors, and community members all participated in the nomination, selection, and voting processes for each student award, allowing an adequate amount of time in the specific assignment of the students deserving of these recognitions.
2022 Warner Pacific University Spring Commencement Student Awards
Wilma I. Perry Award – Tiffany R. Coffee
About the Award: Wilma I. Perry was a talented pastor and teacher who exemplified the transformational power of education, earning her doctorate degree as an adult learner prior to joining the faculty at Warner Pacific University. The Wilma I. Perry Award is presented to a Professional and Graduate Studies Student who demonstrates a life of service, academic excellence, integrity, and transformation.
About the Recipient: Warner Pacific University is honored to announce Tiffany Coffee, Master of Arts in Teaching, as the 2022 recipient of the Wilma I. Perry Award. Tiffany is an outstanding educator who helps her students become passionate and excited about writing. Tiffany’s experience as a library/media assistant has served her well in the pursuit of her teaching degree and license. She develops strong, caring relationships with each of her students, and her students are motivated to learn, grow, and thrive because of her influence on the. This award is given in recognition of Tiffany’s service, academic excellence, integrity, and transformation.
Milo L. Chapman Award – Javbiene Dian Carillo Menguita
About the Award: Milo L. Chapman was a man who served Warner Pacific University as a model of servanthood to this community. The Milo L. Chapman Award is given to a student who clearly exemplifies a life of faith and the joy of serving.
About the Recipient: Warner Pacific University is honored to announce Javbiene “Jay” Menguita, B.A. in Ministry and Community Engagement, as the 2022 recipient of the Milo L. Chapman Award. Jay has faithfully served as the Student Chaplain throughout this year, putting in countless hours to minister to students. She has contributed to the campus in many additional roles, including retention intern, community development supervisor (housing), academic tutor, and worship team member. She also participated in setting up the Knight Food Pantry, and was instrumental in organizing a service event in partnership with a local homeless shelter. This award is given in recognition of Jay’s life of faith and heart for service.
Marshall K. Christensen Award – Emma Riley Rodabaugh Foster
About the Award: Marshall K. Christensen was the university’s fifth president and was a man who exemplified academic excellence. The Marshall K. Christensen Award is given to a student who best embodies the values characterizing academic life at Warner Pacific University.
About the Recipient: Warner Pacific University is honored to announce Emma Foster, B.S. in Kinesiology and Sports Medicine (double major), as the 2022 recipient of the Marshall K. Christensen Award. Emma is an excellent student who is a critical thinker, working hard to earn a double major while also participating in varsity athletics. She is adaptable and innovative, willing to take risks and always looking for new ways of doing things. She’s also a team player who develops good relationships with others and works collaboratively to solve problems. This award is given in recognition of Emma’s academic excellence and her creative, relational approach to scholarly pursuits.
Albert F. Gray Award – Gabriela Rosa Navarro
About the Award: Albert F. Gray was the first president of Warner Pacific University and was a man who demonstrated the living example of a godly life, a disciplined mind, and a warm and loving heart. The Albert F. Gray Award is given to a student who clearly exemplifies the values of Warner Pacific University.
About the Recipient: Warner Pacific University is honored to announce Gabriela “Gabby” Navarro, B.S. in Nursing, as the 2022 recipient of the Albert F. Gray Award. Gabby has demonstrated a strong academic performance and professional practice as an aspiring pediatric nurse. She has contributed to the community in many ways, including mentorship of high school youth and volunteer work to benefit pediatric patients. Gabby consistently demonstrates integrity and professionalism, and she exudes kindness and compassion. This award is given in recognition of Gabby’s scholastic achievements and her warm and loving heart.
2022 Warner Pacific University Spring Commencement Divisional Awards
Division of Arts and Social and Behavioral Sciences:
- Outstanding Student in Criminal Justice – Jamie Bravo Salas
- Outstanding Student in English – Stephanie Tamara Roberts
- Outstanding Student in Human Development and Family Studies – Tyschal Lumbrea Blake
- Outstanding Student in Ministry and Community Engagement – Nathan Michael Christ
- Outstanding Student in Ministry and Community Engagement – Alexis Anne Harris
- Outstanding Student in Ministry and Community Engagement – Javbiene Dian Carillo Menguita
- Outstanding Student in Psychology – Makayla Rose Martinez
Division of Business:
- Dean’s Award for Academic Achievement in Business – Jett Pharn-Cromb
- Outstanding Accounting Student – Domnikee Shimalin-Shadrin
- Outstanding Traditional Business Administration Student – Danelys Maria Rodriguez Puzo
- Outstanding PGS Business Administration Student – Lidia K. Larson
- Outstanding Human Resource Management Student – Kathy Nguyen
Division of Education:
- Excellence in Teaching, PGS Student – Lisa Michelle Ostrowski
- Excellence in Teaching, Traditional Student – Danielle Christine Traver
Division of Natural Sciences and Health:
- Outstanding Biological Sciences Student – Tyler Davis Williamson
- Outstanding Cybersecurity Student – Rus Pilat
- Outstanding Kinesiology Student – Mackenzie R. Raihala
- Outstanding Sports Management Student, Administrative Emphasis – Jaron Joshua Jones
- Outstanding Sports Management Student, Coaching Emphasis – Hannah Grace Myers
- Outstanding Sports Medicine Student – Emma Riley Rodabaugh Foster
Division of Nursing:
- Excellence in Nursing Practice – Bridgette Alexandra Thurber Pronozuk
- Outstanding Leadership in Nursing – Sam Cravens
Division of Social Work:
- Excellence in Social Work Professional Practice – Blanca Ayala Aguilar