Officers are available to accompany WPU students anywhere on campus.
Because we recommend that students, especially during evening and late night hours, walk the campus in at least pairs, officers are always available to accompany Warner Pacific community members anywhere on campus.
Self Defense Training Classes
The Portland Police Bureau offers FREE self-defense training classes monthly through a program called WomenStrength. They offer Introductory, Intermediate, and Refresher classes.
- Introductory classes are taught in three-hour evening sessions once a week for three weeks and are taught by volunteers, most of whom have gone through the program themselves.
- Intermediate classes are offered quarterly and are for women who have taken the 7½-hour Introductory class within the last six months and are interested in continued training. Intermediate classes are scheduled on a Saturday.
- Refresher classes are offered quarterly and are for women who have taken the Introductory class and would like to practice the skills that they have learned.
For registration information and other resources see the WomenStrength website or visit the Office of Student Affairs (Smith Hall, Lower D Wing).
Sexual Assault Resources
- Portland Women’s Crisis Line – 24-hour crisis line: 503.235.5333
- Sexual Assault Resource Center – 24-hour crisis line: 503.640.5311
- Multnomah County Crisis Line: 503.988.4888
- Rape Victim Advocates: 503.988.3222
- Pregnancy Resource Center: 503.256.0808
Crime and Fire Statistics
The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is published in order to satisfy the requirements of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.
Included is information on crime and fire statistics, information and statements of policy on various crime, emergency, and fire safety subjects as well as important contact information for Campus Safety and Student Affairs personnel. The report satisfies requirements for each Warner Pacific University campus: Mt. Tabor, Centre 205, and other class locations. It is updated annually.