Reach us at 503.517.1010 or email@example.com. We’ll help you explore your calling.
Career Services are an integral part of a student’s education. As students more fully understand their values, skills and interests, they’re better prepared to pursue meaningful career and life plans.
Career services offered
- Weekly Job Postings available for WPC Students (July 19)
- Resume/Cover Letter Composition
- Interview Skills
- One on one appointments
- Career Assessments/Testing
- Workshops and Seminars
- Career Fairs
Warner Pacific Writing center staff can always help you go over grammar, punctuation and spelling on your resume and/or cover letter. Find them in the library. For broader guidance on constructing a resume or cover letter contact Rod Johanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Werner (email@example.com).
- WPC Resume Guide
- WPC Cover Letter Guide
- Top 10 Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- 15 Career Experts Share the Best Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- Marketable, Transferable Skill Sets
- How to Ace Phone Interviews
- How to Nail a Group Interview
- Explaining Curriculum Vitaes (CV)
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
Tuesday, July 19, 4:30-5:30pm
Warner Pacific College, Center 205, Room 2This workshop will help you create your best marketing tools. Come hear tips for crafting a strong resume and effective cover letter, gain insight on what professionals look for, and review and edit your own documents while at the workshop. Please bring several printed copies of your resume and working cover letters to the workshop. This event is sponsored by WPC’s Career Services and is open to all WPC students and alumni.
Questions? Contact Lisa Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Job Fairs*
Online Career Exploration and Job Listings
- CampusPoint: Find local entry level jobs and internships in Washington and Oregon.
- MAXOutreach: Search local jobs distributed to you and find opportunities that match your seekers.
- Idealist: The world’s best place to find nonprofit jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and organizations working to change the world.
- PDXPipeline: Listing Portland jobs for various fields including tech, design, advertising, service industry, office, temp jobs, and more!
- Mac’s List: Mac’s List is Portland’s top source for jobs in Portland Oregon and throughout the state.
- NEOGOV – City of Portland: An online hub of government jobs for the city of Portland.
- OregonLive: Full and part-time jobs, employment, careers, work in the beautiful state of Oregon.
- US Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics: The BLS publishes information on wages, earnings and benefits of workers usually categorized by geographic region, occupation or industry.
- Glahttp://www.bls.gov/bls/wages.htmss Door: A great resource that provides insights into salary information, company ratings, and helpful job and interview information.
LinkedIn Jobs Search
- Create a LinkedIn profile to help you stay connected to your network and to identify new contacts. A strong network is built on real connections with others. Don’t attempt to build your contacts with people you have never met. Likewise, don’t accept invitations from people you do not know.
- Add Warner Pacific College to the Education section of your profile.
- Use LinkedIn Job Search to leverage the power of your network and get hired.
- Provide relevant information in your LinkedIn profile: headline, photo, work history, and education. This is your online resume.
- Join Groups purposefully. LinkedIn offers groups for people who share certain interests. For example, join the Official Warner Pacific College Alumni Association group to search for WPC grads who work in a specific industry, organization, career, or geographic region.
If you have employment, volunteer, or internship opportunities and are looking to recruit our students and alumni, email Rod at email@example.com.
*Warner Pacific does not vet employers. Please do your due diligence prior to applying for a job.
The contents of external websites are beyond Warner Pacific’s control.