Reach us at 503.517.1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you explore your calling.
Career Services are an integral part of a student’s education. As students more fully understand their values, skills and interests, they’re better prepared to pursue meaningful career and life plans.
Career services offered
- Career and Job Notifications for WP Students (March 22)
- Resume/Cover Letter Composition
- Interview Skills
- One on one appointments
- Career Assessments/Testing
- Workshops and Seminars
- Career Fairs
Warner Pacific Writing center staff can always help you go over grammar, punctuation and spelling on your resume and/or cover letter. Find them in the library. For broader guidance on constructing a resume or cover letter contact Rod Johanson (email@example.com) or Lisa Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WPC Resume Guide
- WPC Cover Letter Guide
- Top 10 Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- 15 Career Experts Share the Best Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- Marketable, Transferable Skill Sets
- How to Ace Phone Interviews
- How to Nail a Group Interview
- Explaining Curriculum Vitaes (CV)
- Interview Skills & Mock Interview
- Thursday, April 12, from 12:00 – 1:30 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
- Sharpen your interview skills and professional presentation. Practice what you’ve learned with mock interviews including a chance to be interviewed by Dr. Andrea Cook
Questions? Contact Lisa Werner at 503.517.1010 or email@example.com
- Emerging Leaders Internship Program
- Emerging Leaders is looking for students who are underrepresented in higher education and in the professional ranks of Portland business. First generation, students of color, or students who grew up in poverty are the organizations top priority. Selected interns will each be matched with an executive mentor. These internships are intended to engage at the professional level with a strong leadership focus. The application will open on January 15 and the deadline is March 31. For more information: www.elinterns.org.
- Portland Leadership Foundation: Champions Academy Internships
- The Champions Academy is looking for enthusiastic individuals who can inspire and instruct student athletes. Qualified individuals will be learners with the knowledge, creativity and motivation to work with a team to prepare students for community leadership and academic success. The Champions Academy Academic team works in partnership with athletic coaches, mentors, and parents to form a learning environment that is respectful, challenging and supportive to all students. The ideal Intern demonstrates passion and commitment to our youth development vision: to create a holistic, culturally responsive learning community that produces Champions. Interns serve from June 16 through August 10. This is a paid internship. Please read this pdf for all the details. Application deadline is May 26, 2017.
Local Job Fairs*
- Wednesday, March 1: Virtual Career Fair – Mortgage Bankers Association
- Interested in learning more about the real estate finance industry or mortgage banking? This free virtual career fair will provide an introduction to these fields, and connect graduating college students with companies that are currently hiring. For more information: MBA.org/virtualcareerfair
- Wednesday, March 1 from 3-6 pm (EST) (or 12 – 3 pm PST)
- The US Job Fair Directory (Oregon events)
- Listing of Upcoming Portland-area Job Fairs (Eventbrite)
Online Career Exploration and Job Listings*
- CampusPoint: Find local entry level jobs and internships in Washington and Oregon.
- MAXOutreach: Search local jobs distributed to you and find opportunities that match your seekers.
- Idealist: The world’s best place to find nonprofit jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and organizations working to change the world.
- PDXPipeline: Listing Portland jobs for various fields including tech, design, advertising, service industry, office, temp jobs, and more!
- Mac’s List: Mac’s List is Portland’s top source for jobs in Portland Oregon and throughout the state.
- NEOGOV – City of Portland: An online hub of government jobs for the city of Portland.
- OregonLive: Full and part-time jobs, employment, careers, work in the beautiful state of Oregon.
- US Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics: The BLS publishes information on wages, earnings and benefits of workers usually categorized by geographic region, occupation or industry.
- Glahttp://www.bls.gov/bls/wages.htmss Door: A great resource that provides insights into salary information, company ratings, and helpful job and interview information.
LinkedIn Jobs Search*
- Create a LinkedIn profile to help you stay connected to your network and to identify new contacts. A strong network is built on real connections with others. Don’t attempt to build your contacts with people you have never met. Likewise, don’t accept invitations from people you do not know.
- Add Warner Pacific College to the Education section of your profile.
- Use LinkedIn Job Search to leverage the power of your network and get hired.
- Provide relevant information in your LinkedIn profile: headline, photo, work history, and education. This is your online resume.
- Join Groups purposefully. LinkedIn offers groups for people who share certain interests. For example, join the Official Warner Pacific College Alumni Association group to search for WPC grads who work in a specific industry, organization, career, or geographic region.
*While we seek to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values, it is a student’s responsibility to do their due diligence in the job search process. WPC does not assume responsibility for the jobs posted through the links provided.
If you have employment, volunteer, or internship opportunities and are looking to recruit our students and alumni, email Rod at firstname.lastname@example.org. All job postings received are not guaranteed to be posted. WPC seeks to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
The contents of external websites are beyond Warner Pacific’s control.