Reach us at 503.517.1010 or email@example.com. We’ll help you explore your calling.
Career Services are an integral part of a student’s education. As students more fully understand their values, skills and interests, they’re better prepared to pursue meaningful career and life plans.
Career services offered
- Weekly job postings available to WPC students (September 20)
- Resume/Cover Letter Composition
- Interview Skills
- One on one appointments
- Career Assessments/Testing
- Workshops and Seminars
- Career Fairs
Warner Pacific Writing center staff can always help you go over grammar, punctuation and spelling on your resume and/or cover letter. Find them in the library. For broader guidance on constructing a resume or cover letter contact Rod Johanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lisa Werner (email@example.com).
- WPC Resume Guide
- WPC Cover Letter Guide
- Top 10 Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- 15 Career Experts Share the Best Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- Marketable, Transferable Skill Sets
- How to Ace Phone Interviews
- How to Nail a Group Interview
- Explaining Curriculum Vitaes (CV)
- Interview Skills & Mock Interviews
- Thursday, October 20, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Thursday, October 27, from 12:00 – 1:30 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
- Networking Skills
- Thursday, November 3, from 12:00 – 1:30 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
- Resumes & Cover Letters for Graduating ADP Students
- Thursday, December 1, from 6:30 – 7:30 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
Questions? Contact Lisa Werner at 503.517.1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Job Fairs*
- Career Expo – FREE recruiting event for job seekers with disabilities
- September 21, 10 am-1 pm, at Lane Community College, Eugene, OR 97405 (Rooms 103/104)
- Job seekers of all levels, employment specialists, transition students and teachers are invited to attend! Meet and network with Eugene-area employers and jump-start your career search at this welcoming and inclusive event! Questions or need accommodations? Contact Kali: 971.244.0305
- Night for Networking 2016
- Wednesday, October 26, 6-9 pm, at Collaborative Life Sciences Building (2730 SW Moody Avenue, Portland, OR 97201)
- Night for Networking is a focused yet comfortable evening of business networking that connects job-seekers with disabilities and local employers. Participants include job-seekers, recruiters, volunteers, job-coaches, interpreters and other supporters. This is a free event and all are welcome!
- The US Job Fair Directory (Oregon events)
- Listing of Upcoming Portland-area Job Fairs (Eventbrite)
Online Career Exploration and Job Listings*
- CampusPoint: Find local entry level jobs and internships in Washington and Oregon.
- MAXOutreach: Search local jobs distributed to you and find opportunities that match your seekers.
- Idealist: The world’s best place to find nonprofit jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and organizations working to change the world.
- PDXPipeline: Listing Portland jobs for various fields including tech, design, advertising, service industry, office, temp jobs, and more!
- Mac’s List: Mac’s List is Portland’s top source for jobs in Portland Oregon and throughout the state.
- NEOGOV – City of Portland: An online hub of government jobs for the city of Portland.
- OregonLive: Full and part-time jobs, employment, careers, work in the beautiful state of Oregon.
- US Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics: The BLS publishes information on wages, earnings and benefits of workers usually categorized by geographic region, occupation or industry.
- Glahttp://www.bls.gov/bls/wages.htmss Door: A great resource that provides insights into salary information, company ratings, and helpful job and interview information.
LinkedIn Jobs Search*
- Create a LinkedIn profile to help you stay connected to your network and to identify new contacts. A strong network is built on real connections with others. Don’t attempt to build your contacts with people you have never met. Likewise, don’t accept invitations from people you do not know.
- Add Warner Pacific College to the Education section of your profile.
- Use LinkedIn Job Search to leverage the power of your network and get hired.
- Provide relevant information in your LinkedIn profile: headline, photo, work history, and education. This is your online resume.
- Join Groups purposefully. LinkedIn offers groups for people who share certain interests. For example, join the Official Warner Pacific College Alumni Association group to search for WPC grads who work in a specific industry, organization, career, or geographic region.
*While we seek to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values, it is a student’s responsibility to do their due diligence in the job search process. WPC does not assume responsibility for the jobs posted through the links provided.
If you have employment, volunteer, or internship opportunities and are looking to recruit our students and alumni, email Rod at email@example.com. All job postings received are not guaranteed to be posted. WPC seeks to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
The contents of external websites are beyond Warner Pacific’s control.