Reach us at 503.517.1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you explore your calling.
Career Services are an integral part of a student’s education. As students more fully understand their values, skills and interests, they’re better prepared to pursue meaningful career and life plans.
Career services offered
- Weekly job postings available to WPC students (December 6)
- Resume/Cover Letter Composition
- Interview Skills
- One on one appointments
- Career Assessments/Testing
- Workshops and Seminars
- Career Fairs
Warner Pacific Writing center staff can always help you go over grammar, punctuation and spelling on your resume and/or cover letter. Find them in the library. For broader guidance on constructing a resume or cover letter contact Rod Johanson (email@example.com) or Lisa Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- WPC Resume Guide
- WPC Cover Letter Guide
- Top 10 Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- 15 Career Experts Share the Best Interview Tips for New College Graduates
- How to Prepare for an Interview
- Marketable, Transferable Skill Sets
- How to Ace Phone Interviews
- How to Nail a Group Interview
- Explaining Curriculum Vitaes (CV)
- Resumes & Cover Letters and Interview Skills Workshop for Graduating ADP Students
- Thursday, December 1, from 6:30 – 7:30 pm on the Mt. Tabor Campus in Egtvedt Hall Room 203
- Introduction to tools for making a great resume and cover letter presented by WPC Career Center Staff and Interviewing tips from and networking opportunities with Majanke M. Seidel, Talent Acquisition Specialists of Enterprise Holdings
Questions? Contact Lisa Werner at 503.517.1010 or email@example.com
Local Job Fairs*
- National Career Fairs: Portland
- Wednesday, November 21, 11 am – 2 pm
- Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel (8235 NE Airport Way, Portland)
- Are you looking for a job? Are you tired of sending resumes left and right and never getting an answer? If you are, dress in your best professional clothes, bring resumes and visit this Portland career fair. You will have the opportunity to meet top employers and to interview for several positions during the course of the day, meeting the people who actually make the hiring decisions. For more information, call 877.561.5627 or visit the event website.
- The US Job Fair Directory (Oregon events)
- Listing of Upcoming Portland-area Job Fairs (Eventbrite)
Online Career Exploration and Job Listings*
- CampusPoint: Find local entry level jobs and internships in Washington and Oregon.
- MAXOutreach: Search local jobs distributed to you and find opportunities that match your seekers.
- Idealist: The world’s best place to find nonprofit jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and organizations working to change the world.
- PDXPipeline: Listing Portland jobs for various fields including tech, design, advertising, service industry, office, temp jobs, and more!
- Mac’s List: Mac’s List is Portland’s top source for jobs in Portland Oregon and throughout the state.
- NEOGOV – City of Portland: An online hub of government jobs for the city of Portland.
- OregonLive: Full and part-time jobs, employment, careers, work in the beautiful state of Oregon.
- US Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics: The BLS publishes information on wages, earnings and benefits of workers usually categorized by geographic region, occupation or industry.
- Glahttp://www.bls.gov/bls/wages.htmss Door: A great resource that provides insights into salary information, company ratings, and helpful job and interview information.
LinkedIn Jobs Search*
- Create a LinkedIn profile to help you stay connected to your network and to identify new contacts. A strong network is built on real connections with others. Don’t attempt to build your contacts with people you have never met. Likewise, don’t accept invitations from people you do not know.
- Add Warner Pacific College to the Education section of your profile.
- Use LinkedIn Job Search to leverage the power of your network and get hired.
- Provide relevant information in your LinkedIn profile: headline, photo, work history, and education. This is your online resume.
- Join Groups purposefully. LinkedIn offers groups for people who share certain interests. For example, join the Official Warner Pacific College Alumni Association group to search for WPC grads who work in a specific industry, organization, career, or geographic region.
*While we seek to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values, it is a student’s responsibility to do their due diligence in the job search process. WPC does not assume responsibility for the jobs posted through the links provided.
If you have employment, volunteer, or internship opportunities and are looking to recruit our students and alumni, email Rod at firstname.lastname@example.org. All job postings received are not guaranteed to be posted. WPC seeks to post jobs consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
The contents of external websites are beyond Warner Pacific’s control.