Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., Developmental Science; North Dakota State University
- Master of Science, Sociology; North Dakota State University
- Bachelor of Social Sciences; Africa University, Zimbabwe
- Human Sexuality
- Advanced Child Development
- Adolescence through Early Adulthood
- Adulthood, Death, and Dying
- Research Methods
- Parenting Across the Lifespan
- Seminars on Job/Internship Readiness
- Introduction to Psychology
- History and Systems in Psychology
- Youth Development
- Adolescent Sexual Behavior
- Teen Pregnancy, STIs, and HIV/AIDS
- Impact of Overseas Mission Trips
- Child Protection
- Child Work and Child Labor
- Faith Based Development (Overseas Mission Trips)
- Contexts – Family, School and Community, Culture, and Religion
Publication: Secor-Turner, M., Randall, B. A., Mudzongo, C. C. & Garama, M. (2014). Barriers and facilitators of adolescent health in rural Kenya. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, doi: 1043659614558453.
- Academic Society Membership: The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 2012-Present.
- Award: North Dakota State University College of Human Development and Education/Graduate School Teaching Award, 2017.
- Society for Research on Adolescence
- The Society for Research in Child Development
- American Society of Missiology
- Midwest Sociological Society
- Great Plains Sociological Association
Dr. Courage Mudzongo joined the Warner Pacific faculty in 2017. His doctoral training emphasized a lifespan approach to human development, preparing him to participate in curriculum development, design and teach a variety of courses related to human development.
Dr. Mudzongo’s approach is to empower students to share and articulate their thoughts and ideas. His philosophy is to teach students to master the art of learning and develop the confidence to ask and discuss questions about human development across the lifespan.
As a Zimbabwean, his cultural heritage and international experiences such as working as a Youth Development and AIDS Prevention Consultant for UNICEF, add a unique touch to his teaching and research.
When not teaching, Dr. Mudzongo enjoys spending time with his family. Dr. Mudzongo chose to teach at Warner Pacific because of the rigorous curriculum, warm, and loving community, and a strong commitment to the Christian faith.
Learn more about Dr. Mudzongo’s work by visiting his website: www.CourageMudzongo.weebly.com
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you do not have; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for…” – Epicurus