Dr. A. F. Gray
President from 1937 to 1957

Dr. A.F. Gray was the founding president of Pacific Bible College when it opened in Spokane, Washington, in 1937. In 1940, Dr. Gray purchased two acres of land on the south side of Mount Tabor in Portland, Oregon, for $14,000 and led the effort to relocate the college from Spokane to Portland. In 1947, he oversaw the construction of a women’s dormitory named the Pearl Lewis Building (renamed A.F. Gray Hall in 1981). He was president when the college’s choir went on its first tour to Anderson, Indiana, and he dedicated the Otto F. Linn Library in 1954. By the time Dr. Gray retired in 1957, students from twenty-six states and six countries attended PBC. After retiring from Pacific Bible College, Dr. Gray moved to Africa to serve as a missionary for the Church of God.
More About Dr. A. F. Gray