Financial literacy is the ability to understand how money works in the world — from earning it to spending it.
We offer these resources to assist with money management:
- Membership into SALT for Warner Pacific Students and Alumni. SALT™ is a free, nonprofit-backed resource that makes it simple for you to take control of your finances and student loans.
- 7 Money Rules for Life workshop by Mary Hunt. Seven easy to remember tips to help you become debt free. She presented this live at the College on April 9, 2014.
- Preparing for Financial Freedom by Mary Hunt. She presented sound tips to help them achieve financial freedom while pursuing a degree. She spoke to students on April 10, 2014, during Chapel.
- Foundations U is a comprehensive financial literacy and management site that is free and easy to use. They provide great tools and information about financial decision making while in school and afterwards.
- Know what you owe (nslds.ed.gov). Keep track of loan debt as well as find lender and servicer contact information for each loan.
- Exit Counseling. Do you want to get a real-time amount for monthly loan payments? Do you want to know how those payments fit into your budget? Visit studentloans.gov to find answers.
- Annual Credit Report. Get access to your credit report for free once a year. Keep track of your credit as a way to assist you in future purchases such as renting an apartment, buying a car, or buying a house.