Financial literacy is the ability to understand how money works — from earning it to spending it.
WPC offers these resources to assist with money management:
- Membership into SALT for Warner Pacific Students and Alumni. SALT™ is a free, nonprofit-backed resource that makes it simple for you to take control of your finances and student loans.
- 7 Money Rules for Life Workshop by Mary Hunt. Seven easy to remember tips to help you become debt free. Presented live at the College on April 9, 2014.
- Preparing for Financial Freedom by Mary Hunt. April 10, 2014 recording of live presentation of sound tips to help students achieve financial freedom while pursuing a degree.
- Foundations U is a comprehensive financial literacy and management site that is free and easy to use. They provide great tools and information about financial decision making while in school and afterwards.
- Know what you owe (nslds.ed.gov). Keep track of student Federal Stafford Loan debt as well as find lender and servicer contact information for each Federal Stafford Loan.
- Exit Counseling. Do you want to get a real-time amount for monthly loan payments? Do you want to know how those payments fit into your budget? Visit studentloans.gov to find answers.
- Annual Credit Report. Get access to your credit report for free once a year. Keep track of your credit as a way to assist you in future purchases such as renting an apartment, buying a car, or buying a house.