Businesses and organizations of all types need the skills of accountants. If you’re interested in learning the skills necessary to pursue this important role and also in gaining business management knowledge, Warner Pacific College’s Adult Degree Program can help. Our Bachelor of Accounting degree completion program teaches technical knowledge and practical skills for business and accounting in a two-year accelerated program.
Available at our campuses throughout Portland and Vancouver, this degree is ideal for people who want:
- Formal accounting skills, including taxation and auditing;
- A degree that serves as the first step towards CPA qualification;
- A program that emphasizes technical skills and personal integrity.
What You Can Learn
The Bachelor of Accounting is a two-year program consisting of 24 courses. Business management and general education courses each last five weeks, while the ten accounting courses last six weeks each. The program develops your leadership capabilities along with your capacity to make informed business decisions based on research, analysis, and collaboration.
Courses within the major include:
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Advanced Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Non-Profit Accounting
- Taxation I
- Taxation II
Graduates of the program should demonstrate the technical capabilities and personal ethical code necessary for success in accounting.
You can earn your accounting bachelor’s degree on campus, meeting once a week in the evening. You’ll advance through each course one at a time, working with the same group of 14-22 classmates throughout the program. This small-group cohort model allows you to develop meaningful working relationships with your classmates and receive personal attention from our instructors.
Who Can Apply
The Bachelor of Accounting is open to students who:
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience;
- Can provide proof of high school or GED completion, including an official transcript;
- Can provide transcripts from previous colleges attended showing a GPA of at least 2.0;
- Speak English proficiently, if English is not their native language.
You must also complete our application form and pay the $25 fee.
Flourish with Warner Pacific College ADP
Continue your journey with a Christ-centered college that’s focused on helping you flourish. Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more about Adult Degree Programs at Warner Pacific College today.