GIFT AND ESTATE PLANNING
Legacy is when the Lord says, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.”
Your legacy is the footprint you will leave on this earth. It is the impact you make through the way you live your life and the values you hold.
Estate gifts catalyze our mission in ways that annual giving simply cannot. As a Legacy Society member, you make a lasting commitment to educate future leaders for generations to come.
Gifts that cost you nothing during your lifetime:
You can support WPU’s future today by making a gift that leave your cash flow and current financial planning unchanged:
- Bequests (Gifts by Will or Living Trust) – Need to preserve your assets during your lifetime? You can plan a gift to us that will only take effect after your other obligations have ceased.
- Gifts of retirement Plans – Your retirement plan may be worth more when donated to WPU than to your heirs. You may name WPU as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan.
- Gifts of Life Insurance – Give a policy you no longer need to WPU, or name WPU as a beneficiary.
- Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Funds – You can take advantage of appreciated securities without incurring capital gains tax. You may transfer appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to WPU.
Gifts that pay you back:
Gifts that pay lifetime income have many benefits: dependable income for you and your family, current and future tax savings, and a means to support WPU. The following are two examples of this type of gift:
- Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts – Receive fixed payments and tax advantages
- Charitable Remainder Unitrusts – Create a flexible source of income financial planning unchanged
Gift planning is a forward-thinking choice for people of all ages and means
Choosing the right type of gift depends on your personal circumstances and financial goals. With this information in hand, a consultation with your financial advisor will determine the best course for you and your future.
IS WARNER PACIFIC ALREADY IN YOUR ESTATE PLANS?
Please let us know so we can include you in our Legacy Society.
- Recognition on our Legacy Society Wall
- Annual luncheons with guest speakers