Master of Arts in Teaching
Earn your degree from Oregon’s most diverse university. The Teacher Education program at Warner Pacific University provides culturally responsive instruction that prepares teachers to meet the needs of diverse students. The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) empowers educators who are pursuing their Initial Teaching License for Pre-K through 12th Grade classroom instruction.
Graduates from the Warner Pacific MAT program become eligible for and Oregon Initial I Teaching License in one or more authorizations:
- Early Childhood
- High School
Designed for working adults, the Warner Pacific MAT offers flexible classes that meet one night a week in convenient campus locations and prepare you for classroom instruction in just two years. If you don’t have a bachelor’s degree yet, our 4.5 MAT provides an affordable a pathway to earn both your bachelor and master degrees in less than five years.
About Warner Pacific
- We have been serving adult learners throughout the Portland Metro area since 1989. Our staff is ready to support you every step of the way as you earn your degree.
- One night a week format gives you the flexibility to achieve your educational goals in just two years.
- Cohort learning environment offers academic support and expands your professional network.
- Instructors are professionals working in the field of education to ensure that your learning is based on current best practices and methodologies.
- Online or on-campus options to fit your location and learning needs.
- The Warner Pacific Teacher Education program is approved by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) and accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Complete the form and an enrollment counselor will contact you to discuss your next steps or set up a campus visit.
Sign up to attend an upcoming Info Night near you to learn more about Warner Pacific University and our one night a week Master of Arts in Teaching.