Assistant Professor of Education, Director of Undergraduate Teacher Education
- Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, Texas Southern University
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Missouri-Columbia
- B.A. in English, University of Memphis
Dr. Markisha Smith comes to Warner Pacific College from Western Oregon University and prior to that, from Northern Michigan University. Her areas of expertise include literacy development, education in a diverse society, multicultural education, and language arts methods at the high school level.
Dr. Smith is published in The Journal of Urban Education, Education Review, The Language Arts Journal of Michigan, and in Education Research and Perspectives. She has also conducted research at and training with Hannahville Indian School (Michigan) related to the teaching and preservation of the Potawatomi language.
- International Reading Association
- National Council of Teachers of English
- American Educational Research Association
- American College for Teacher Education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- National Association for Multicultural Education