Associate Professor of Human Development and Family Studies, Coordinator of ADP Curricular Services, Co-chair of the Department of Social Science
- Ph.D. in Education, Curriculum & Instruction: Family, Youth, & Community, University of Minnesota, 2006
- M.Ed. in Family Education: Family and Consumer Sciences, University of Minnesota, 1998
- BA in Family Resources and Psychology, minor in Family Studies, St. Olaf College, 1991
- International study in The Philippines, Denmark, Germany, Mexico & Hawaii
- Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) – National Council on Family Relations, 2005
- Minnesota Teaching License in Parent and Family Education, 2005
- Minnesota Teaching License in Family and Consumer Sciences, grades 7-12, 1998
- Professional Certificate in Training & Development, University of Minnesota, 1993
Dr. Jerpbak moved with his wife and three daughters from Minnesota to join the Warner Pacific College faculty in the summer of 2012. He has spent the past 20+ years of his professional careers serving families in various educational and social service capacities.
Dr. Jerpbak’s professional experience before working in higher education included 4 years in family social services and 13 years in public education where he served as SACC Teacher and Site Coordinator, Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher, Human Resources Coordinator, and Director of Research and Development for the Working Family Resource Center in the Twin Cities Metro Area. He began his work in higher education in 2003 and since then has taught at Concordia University in St. Paul, MN, the University of Minnesota, and Crossroads College in Rochester, MN. He has also done a lot of volunteer work in community settings and served on many non-profit boards.
Besides adventures, Dr. Jerpbak loves to sing, enjoys all kinds of sports, reads, and spends time with family, especially as it involves being out and about in nature and in the community.
- Minnesota Fathers & Families Network
- Minnesota Council on Family Relations
- National Council on Family Relations
- Goodwill-Easter Seals Father Project
Jerpbak, M. R. (2011, December 14). Welcome to fatherhood! A webinar for expecting and new dads (and those who care about them). Minnesota Department of Education’s Early Learning Counts! St. Paul, MN.
Minnesota Fathers & Families Network. (2011). Early childhood sector analysis. St. Paul, MN: Arthor.
Minnesota Fathers & Families Network. (2011). Child welfare sector analysis. St. Paul, MN: Author.
Jerpbak, M. R. (2007). Marketing early childhood and family life education programs: Knowing the “what” and the “who” leads to the “how?” St. Paul, MN: Concordia University.
Jerpbak, M. R. (2007). Welcome to the world of the working parent! St. Paul, MN: Working Family Resource Center.
Jerpbak, M. R. (2006). Being like my father in parenting: A phenomenological study of fathers’ lived experiences. (Doctoral dissertation). Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota.
Jerpbak, M. R. (2006). Fathers and parent education: What might parent education professionals want to consider as they work with fathers? Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota.
Jerpbak, M. R. (2005). Family education: Who are we serving, families or political economy? The Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 23(1).
Jerpbak, M. R. (2004). Fathers at Woodland Hills Church: A program plan for parent education. Maplewood, MN: Woodland Hills Church.
Jerpbak, M. R., & Missaghi, N. (2002). Employee training and support program: Our multicultural workforce. Eden Prairie, MN: Eden Prairie Public Schools.