Non-profit organizations need leadership prepared to help them navigate changing social, regulatory, and financial environments while remaining true to their service commitments. Warner Pacific College offers an executive-level management degree designed to meet the needs of today’s NFPs.
Our Master of Science in Management with an emphasis in Not-For-Profit Leadership (MSM-NFP) can help you develop practical management skills and leadership strategies tailored for non-profit organizations. The curriculum is issues-based and rooted in a Christ-centered ethical worldview.
Who This Master’s Degree is For
The Master of Science in Management with an emphasis in Not-For-Profit Leadership is an advanced degree program. It is suitable for working adults with a bachelor’s degree who:
- Want to effectively lead people and projects within non-profit organizations
- Want resource management skills tailored for the not-for-profit sector
- Want to compete for executive-level or managerial roles within the field
What Our Master’s in Non-Profit Management Can Teach
Warner Pacific’s MSM-NFP is a 34-credit master’s degree. Designed to be completed in two years, the program teaches practical skills in team-building, ethical decision-making and management, and leading organizations through change.
Course topics in this program include:
- Leading, Learning, and Communicating in a Not-For-Profit Environment
- Leading High-Performance Teams
- The Legal and Regulatory Environment of Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Leading Change and Transformation
- Coaching, Mentoring, and Conflict Resolution
In this management degree program, students take on learning experiences that connect with current issues in their workplaces. The program culminates in an integrated organizational leadership project which allows students to demonstrate their mastery of the course materials.
How the Program Works
The Master of Science in Management with an emphasis in Not-For-Profit Leadership, is a cohort program. 14-22 students progress through the program together, allowing for strong relationships with each other and instructors, as well as a productive learning environment.
In order to accommodate full-time employment, cohorts meet once a week in the evening. Students can choose from locations throughout Portland and Vancouver.
The MSM-NFP is a graduate degree program. We consider applicants who have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, earned within the last five years
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- At least two years’ full-time work experience
An enrollment counselor can help you determine whether your degree and past experience make you a suitable applicant. Students who do not speak English as a first language may be required to take a TOEFL test or provide official scores from previous tests.
Finally, you need to complete our application form, provide transcripts from previous educational institutions, and pay the $45 fee.
Make a Difference in Your Career
Prepare to make even more of a difference in the lives of others with our master’s degree program in non-profit organization management. Contact an enrollment counselor today.