Businesses of all types need experienced guidance from trained and qualified accountants who have solid ethical principles. If you’re currently working in accounting, business, or a related field, and want to prepare to pursue advanced roles in accounting, Warner Pacific College has a graduate degree program designed for you.
Our Master of Science in Accounting (MSAcct) is designed to teach managerial-level skills in accounting, auditing, and business. Courses focus on developing practical competencies tested by the Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examinations.
Who Chooses This Accounting Degree
The Master of Science in Accounting is an advanced degree. It is suitable for working adults who:
- Have work experience in accounting or business, including a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Want to prepare to earn their CPA or CMA qualification
- Want an accounting degree focused on skills development in analysis, judgement, research, understanding, and communication
- Want to compete for managerial or executive-level roles in the field.
What Our Master’s in Accounting Teaches
The Master of Science in Accounting at Warner Pacific College is a rigorous 37-credit program that takes two years to complete. It is designed to produce graduates who possess advanced accountancy skills rooted in strong moral and ethical principles.
Course topics in this program include:
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Forensic Accounting/ Auditing
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Corporate Responsibility and the Law
After every third course, students will take a practice examination which must be passed (four practice exams total). At the end of the program, students attend a seminar course designed to provide final review before attempting the CPA or CMA examination.
How the Program Works
Like all of Warner Pacific’s ADP degrees, the Master of Science in Accounting is a cohort program. Groups of 14-22 students progress towards their degree together, becoming educational partners with one another and their instructors. Cohorts meet twice a week in the evening, on a schedule designed to work with full-time employment.
For added convenience, students can choose from locations throughout Portland and Vancouver.
The Master of Science in Accounting is an upper-level degree program for students with significant experience and prior knowledge of accounting and business. We consider applicants who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or management from a regionally accredited institution, earned within the last five years
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- At least two years’ full-time work experience
Additionally, we require students to pass a test on accounting principles.
Your previous college coursework must include significant experience in accounting and business principles. An enrollment counselor can help you determine whether your degree and past experience make you a suitable applicant.
Students who do not speak English as a first language may be required to take a TOEFL test or provide official scores from previous tests.
Finally, you need to complete our application form, provide transcripts from previous educational institutions, and pay the $45 fee.
Build Your Accounting Career
Now is the time to develop advanced accounting skills. Contact a Warner Pacific College Adult Degree Program enrollment counselor today to learn more about our master’s in accounting program.