- CAPHIS: list of 100 best sites on consumer and patient health (Medical Library Association)
- ClinicalTrials.gov: searchable database of trials with information about purpose, who may participate, locations, and contact info
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010
- Environmental Health and Medicine Education (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)
- Global Alert and Response: current updates on global disease epidemics
- HealthCare.gov: finding affordable health care and insurance options
- HealthInfoQuest (National Network of Libraries of Medicine): Subject pathfinders.
- Health Services in Oregon: links to directories and other info
- OnHealth.com: independent consumer health information about wellness, health and medicine.
- TeenGrowth.com: health info for and about young adults
- Deciphering Medspeak: understanding medical jargon
- MediLexicon: includes “fuzzy search” option for terms you don’t know how to spell
- Webster’s Medical Dictionary: the best free medical dictionary online
- Allen Mouse Brain Atlas: an interactive, genome-wide image database of gene expression.
- Genes and Disease: a collection of articles that discuss genes and the diseases that they cause
- Internet Pathology Laboratory for Medical Education: images, text, tutorials, lab exercises, and examination items for self-assessment.
- Medline (via PubMed): citations, abstracts and some full text articles on life sciences and biomedical topics.
- Merck Manuals: Clinical information, symptoms & treatment of diseases.
- National Human Genome Research Institute: The latest news in genomic research.
- OncoLink: University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center
- Physician’s Desk Reference: Information on prescription drugs.
- Public Health Genomics
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset
- PubMed Health | U.S. National Library of Medicine
- U.S. National Library of Medicine Gateway
- AHRQ Data (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality): shows where to begin searching for health statistics
- FastStats (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): quick access to US public health statistics
- National Vital Statistics System: birth, mortality, marriage, and divorce statistics for the US
- American College of Sports Medicine: resources for athletes and health professionals
- America’s National Game: the Albert G. Spalding Collection of Early Baseball Photographs
- Portland Citywide & Neighborhood Bike Maps
- Portland Hikers Field Guide: user-contributed guides to area hikes
- Sports Health and Safety: common injuries, risk factors, and prevention