Building Bridges to Wellness in Portland
Faculty members: Dr. Ryan Hubbard & Joe Fitzgibbon
Fall—EN 101-LC8, College Composition
Spring—HHK 150-LC8, Personal Health & Fitness
What does wellness look like in Portland?
How can we engage in and create opportunities for all Portlanders to be physically well?
In this First-Year Learning Community, students will…
- Evaluate how your previous experience contributes to your beliefs and behavior toward physical activity and physical wellness.
- Recognize your emotions, habits, and actions and how that impacts your physical wellness.
- Explore the city of Portland and discover what opportunities are available to the diverse group of people that call Portland their home.
- Learn to think critically about issues of equity and access as it relates to one’s ability to engage in activities that promote health and wellness.
- Participate in many of the physical activities that makes Portland consistently ranked as one of the healthiest cities in America.
“I am looking forward to being a Peer Mentor because I enjoy watching people grow and being a part of that journey will be such an honor.”—Robert
“I am excited to watch each and every freshman we work with flourish at Warner Pacific. Being a small part of your educational experience is a beautiful gift that I cherish.”—Michelle