Private Christian liberal arts college
- In 1937, in Spokane, Washington, as Pacific Bible College
- In 1939, the first graduating class consisted of two women who received the Christian Education certificate.
- In 1940, the College moved to Portland.
- In 1959, the College changed its name to Warner Pacific College.
- Read more about Warner Pacific’s history.
- Student to faculty ratio: 12:1
- Average class size: 14
- Full-time faculty: 28
- Accreditation: Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Degrees Offered: Associate, Baccalaureate (B.A., B.S.), Master’s, Post-Baccalaureate Certifications
- 25 majors
- 29 minors
- 7 pre-professional programs
- 4 graduate programs
- You can also design your own individualized major!
- Portland, Oregon
- 6 locations throughout the metro area including Centre 205, Cascade, Tigard, West Portland, SE Portland (main campus), and Vancouver.
- Mt. Tabor Campus sits on 14.5 acres adjacent to 195-acre Mt. Tabor Park
- 10 major buildings including the McGuire Auditorium and Schlatter Chapel
Student Enrollment 2014-15
- 1,442 total students
- 501 traditional undergraduates, 941 Adult Degree Program undergraduate students and graduate students
- Students from 19 states and 2 countries
- Male to female ratio: 45/55
- Average SAT: 815-1,020 (CR+M)
- Average ACT: 16-21
- Average High School GPA: 3.17
- 43% of students are transfers
(Traditional Undergraduate Program)
- Tuition and Fees: $21,460
- Books and Supplies: $1,006
- Room and Board: $8,500
- Other Expenses: $2,380
- Percentage of full-time students receiving financial aid (2014-15): 99
- Average financial aid package: $19,139
- According to CollegeBoard, WP’s tuition costs were 35 percent lower than the average four-year private institution in Oregon and Washington.
- Church of God (Anderson, Indiana)
- 27 Christian denominations are represented on campus.
- There are over 9,000 Warner Pacific alumni worldwide.
- WP alumni reside in all 50 states and 29 countries across the globe.
- Member – National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), Division II; Cascade Collegiate Conference
- Mascot: Knights
- School colors: Columbia blue and black
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Men’s and Women’s Soccer
- Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track and Field
- Women’s Volleyball
- Men’s and Women’s Golf
- Men’s and Women’s Wrestling (added in 2014)
- Students and staff donated 51,544 hours of service in the 2013-14 academic year (a value of $1,100,464 to Portland communities)
- U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges 2011, 2014, and 2015 Regional West
- President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction
- Warner Pacific ranked 48th in the nation on the Washington Monthly’s 2014 Baccalaureate Colleges list
- 2013 winner of the CCCU Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony
- Council of Christian Colleges and Universities
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Oregon Independent Colleges Association
- Oregon Independent Colleges Foundation
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
(updated August 2015)