Providing students and alumni with tools to manage and repay college loans/debt
Warner Pacific College partners with American Student Assistance’s SALT
We are committed to helping our students and alumni successfully manage their debt load and financial literacy. One of the tools we are providing is membership with the American Student Association’s SALT.
What is SALT?
SALT empowers students and alumni with financial education, personal budgeting tools, counseling, and other resources to manage the financing of their college education. It provides a personalized and comprehensive approach to handling student loan debt beginning with informed choices through repayment options. SALT enrollment is a lifetime benefit free of charge to students and alumni of Warner Pacific College.
American Student Assistance (ASA), a 56-year-old nonprofit that supports college students and alumni to successfully manage and repay their student loan debt, created SALT. Previous ASA programs have demonstrated that students provided with proactive, customized, and targeted communication are 50 percent less likely to fail in loan repayment.
Warner Pacific joins a growing number of higher education institutions nationwide – from four-year private institutions to public institutions and community colleges – that have partnered with ASA in the SALT program.
Features of the SALT program include:
- Benefits and incentives that lower the total cost of college attendance such as scholarship services, job/internship searches, and discounts on discretionary items
- Highly interactive web-based financial education curriculum and other educational content that develop student financial competencies
- Multiple self-serve web tools and budgeting calculators
- Personalized online dashboard to track all federal and private student loans in one place and compare payment options
- One-on-one repayment counseling with student loan experts
- Advocacy and assistance with resolving complex student loan-related problems
- Proactive communication about student loan repayment options
- Tools to equip students and alumni with personal financial management skills for life
Periodically you will see SALT messages and information shared on the Warner Pacific Facebook and in our Twitter feed. We want to make sure you are aware of all the latest resources and information provided by SALT.