Bachelor of Arts in Ministry and Community Engagement
Put your faith in practice to make a positive difference in the world.
The Ministry and Community Engagement major equips you for a fruitful career in ministry. Warner Pacific’s unique program brings traditional pastoral and biblical preparation alongside skill-based ministry approaches that prepare you to engage with the communities you serve in a meaningful way.
The Warner Pacific faculty have designed this curriculum with today’s ministry context in mind, consulting with practitioners and pastors in the field to help us understand what ministers need in the real world. With their help, the Ministry and Community Engagement curriculum is built to equip you to serve others well and make a lasting impact for good in the world.
This major explores ministry through a lens of equity, justice, and care for our neighbors and neighborhoods. Students have the opportunity to walk alongside people and organizations who are actively engaged in this work in our city, gaining valuable real-world experience. Cultural competency will inform your study of theology and practical skills at Warner Pacific, Oregon’s most diverse university.
A Learning Format Designed for You
Recognizing the challenges of earning a degree while working full-time, the Ministry and Community Engagement major offers streamlined and accessible scheduling, with all courses related to the major meeting on Fridays. Multiple points of entry are available, talk to an enrollment counselor to discover which option is the best fit to empower your calling:
- Start a bachelor’s degree on our Traditional Undergraduate campus (select Undergraduate under “Select Admission” on the form to the right)
- Complete a degree started at another institution through our Professional and Graduate Studies campus
- Obtain continuing education credits through Friday-only coursework
- Earn certificates in Biblical and Theological Foundations for Ministry or Ministry Practice for Community Engagement
About Warner Pacific
- We have been serving adult learners throughout the Portland Metro area since 1989. Our staff is ready to support you every step of the way as you earn your degree.
- One night a week format gives you the flexibility to achieve your educational goals on a timeline that fits your schedule.
- Cohort learning environment offers academic support and expands your professional network.
- Instructors are ministry and community leadership professionals working in the field to ensure that your learning is based on current best practices and methodologies.
Complete the form and an enrollment counselor will contact you to discuss your next steps or set up a campus visit.
Sign up to attend an upcoming Info Night near you to learn more about Warner Pacific University and our one night a week Ministry and Community Engagement.