Have fun with the family this Christmas making ornaments for your Tree. Warner Pacific’s Executive Chef, Tim Bartunek, shares this easy Cinnamon Ornament recipe from the Warner Pacific Kitchen:
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup + 2 tbs ground cinnamon (2 – 2.37 oz bottles)*
- A bit of nutmeg and ground cloves
- Christmas cookie cutters
- 1 drinking straw
- Color ribbon
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Mix applesauce with cinnamon and other spices in a small bowl until a smooth ball of dough is formed. It is okay to use your hands to mix the cinnamon thoroughly.
- Cut dough into quarters.
- Roll each quarter to 1/3-inch thickness (TIP: place dough between two sheets of plastic wrap).
- Peel off wrap and cut dough into shapes with the cookie cutters.
- Press straw into top of ornament to make hole.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 – 2 days or until thoroughly dry. Turn occasionally.
- Insert ribbon into hole; tie into loop; and hang on tree.
- OPTIONAL: decorate with opaque paint markers.
These reusable ornaments will be fragrant for many years. Store in moisture proof container.
These ornaments should not be eaten.
*Chef Tim suggests purchasing the cinnamon in bulk to save packaging waste as well as money.