Warner Pacific College provides academic adjustments and auxiliary aids for qualifying students consistent with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act along with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment of 2008.
ADA eligibility, academic adjustments, and auxiliary aids process
Any student who has a documented disability that may require accommodation to fully participate in college courses should contact the Disabilities Resource Coordinator (503.517.1577) as soon as possible, if possible more than 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester in which you are seeking accommodations.
ADA eligibility, academic adjustments, and auxiliary aids appeals process
Unresolved issues about eligibility in general or specific academic adjustments and auxiliary aids may be appealed by the following process:
- Submit a letter to the Director of Academic Success clearly describing the issue. They will present it at the next Academic Policy Committee meeting for their response.
- Unresolved appeals are forwarded to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- If the issue is not resolved, a final campus appeal can be made to the College President.
- If the issue remains unresolved, the student may appeal to the Office of Civil Rights.
- Warner Pacific’s Disability Resources Guide
- Guide to Requesting Accommodations
- Information about Service Animals on Campus