Senior Adjunct Faculty, Art
- M.F.A., Painting, Portland State University, 1996
- K-12 Certificate, Art Education, Portland State University, 1986
- B.A., Painting, Portland State University, 1984
- B.A., Art History, Reed College, Portland, Oregon, 1974
Since 1991, Susanna has served as primary instructor of art and art history for Warner Pacific College. She contributes to other humanities courses as team teacher, currently for Humanities 210 Science & Tech, and in previous years, for Humanities 410 Thesis. She also has taught English Composition, Argumentation, and Art & Music in Schools, and in 2006, designed a multi-arts module (FA200) for ADP (Adult Degree Program.) Since having taught more than 70 sessions in that module, she now regards participation in the ADP program a major part of her lifelong commitment to help people discover the arts and bring the practice of creativity to their lives. In her view, the arts must be accessible to everyone, opening a necessary pathway to inspiration, confidence, personal fulfillment and cultural understanding.
- Portland Art Museum, Portland OR. Member since 1970.
- Music Ministry: Cantor for Portland area Catholic churches, 1987-2012.
- Milwaukie Writers’ Group and Curator at the Pond House, Milwaukie OR, since 2007.
- Friends of William Stafford, Lake Oswego OR, since 2007.
- 2011-2012 Kendall Award for Excellence in Teaching, Warner Pacific College.
- Rocinante (college literary magazine), contributor. Warner Pacific College, 2006-2011.
- Road Scholar Summer Study Weeks. Monastery of the Ascension, Jerome, Idaho, 1997-2012. Art and music lectures for Study Week topics: Medieval World -14th c. England, Irish History & Culture, History of Christianity (9-yr series), Faces of Christ, Dance in Art.
- Sacred Dance Series (singing, dance and art presentation) with Jane Rickenbaugh, director, at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, Portland OR. Jan 2013: 8th season since 2006.
- Painting Retrospective. Ledding Library Pond House, 2010.
- Fantasie. West Linn Library Gallery, 2003.
- Calligraphy Retrospective – students of Lloyd Reynolds and Robt Palladino. Reed College, 2003.
- Carrying On – students of Mel Katz: 30 yrs at Portland State. PSU Littman Gallery, 1999.
- Reed College Alumni Art Show. Reed Vollum Center Gallery, 1998.
- The Dance of the Angels (medieval miracle and mystery plays: research, artwork, set design, performance). Mt. Angel Abbey, Concordia College, Clackamas College, OMSI Solstice, Francis Renewal Center, Ascension Monastery Jerome ID, 1988-99.
- Contribution of artwork: Lloyd J. Reynolds Memorial Collection of Calligraphy, 1980.