Director of General Education ADP and Assistant Professor
- M.A. in Intercultural Studies, Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon
- B.A. in Liberal Arts/Biblical and Theological Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, California
- Certificate of Completion – Life Coach Training Institute
Bill is a husband, a father, and an educator. His students have said that he is a “real” person who cares, listens, and understands; they have also said that he makes them laugh.
Bill’s educational career has spanned three decades and has included teaching a variety of courses, including English and writing, intercultural studies, religion, communication, and ethics. Bill has also done educational and research work in numerous cultures, primarily in the Middle East and Africa. He has been with Warner Pacific College since 2005.
In addition to teaching, Bill began his own organization called People Builders Group in 2004, the goal of which is to assist others to better understand themselves and those with whom they live and work. Bill also helps others through workshops and personal “life tutoring” sessions.
Bill’s wife Deborah (a Warner Pacific Alumnae, 1999) is a third-grade teacher in the Centennial School District in Portland. The Dobrenens have two children, David and Holly.
- Target Training International (TTI)
- Institute for Life Coach Training (ILCT)
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET)