You can receive e-mail notifications of new full-text e-journals! Here's how to use this convenient method to stay current on the topics of your choice.
The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Go to the Chronicle website and choose from the available newsletters and updates.
- Click on "Full-Text Journals" from the Library menu (left side).
- Type in the name of the journal you want.
- Click on the database in which the journal is found. (If the database is EBSCOhost EJS, scroll down to the section on Electronic Journals Service and follow Step 5.)
- If the full-text title is covered in the database you selected, click on "Alert/Save/Share" on the green bar. If the full-text title is not in the database you selected at the beginning, check the other relevant databases by clicking on the Choose Databases tab above the green bar.
- NOTE: You will need to be signed in to EBSCO for the previous step to work. If you don't have an EBSCO account, click "Sign In to My EBSCOhost" and then "I'm a New User" to register, then come back here.
- Click on "Create an Alert".
- Enter the information required and click "Save".
- A summary will appear. Click "Continue."
- You will be returned to the publication display and should see "Journal Alert Set" in the upper right corner of the display box.
- Click on "Folder" at the top of the screen.
- Your journal alert(s) should be listed here. Click on "Journal Alerts" to see your alert title(s).
Electronic Journals Service (EJS)
- To access EJS, click on the Electronic Journals Service link on the Databases page (or here).
- Once you have read the terms and conditions, click on "I agree to enter the EJS service."
- First time users will need to create their own account. This can be accomplished in two easy steps:
- Click on the "Sign Me Up" link in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter your e-mail address and choose a password.
- Returning users log into their account by clicking on the "Sign Me In" link and entering their e-mail address and password.
- To create an alert:
- Locate the desired magazine or journal title and click on the title to pull up the “Journal Home”.
- Once you have found the title, click on "Create Alert".
- If you have not already signed in, enter your user name and password (EJS may ask for this information).
- Confirm your alert by clicking on the Create Alerts button a second time.
Other Electronic Journals
E-mail alerts are available for other e-journal collections such as JSTOR, SAGE, and more. To subscribe, you will need to set up an account and then set the alerts individually.