All students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours are expected to participate in the Faith and Service Commitment Program. Please read the information below and submit your electronic signature at the bottom of the page.
Waivers of chapel and service requirements are automatically given for those involved in the Adult Degree Program, Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Students, students who are completing their student teaching semester, Master’s level candidates, and students taking less than 12 credits.
- Required to attend 15 chapels each semester; roughly half of the chapels offered.
- Required to complete and log 10 service hours each semester, prior to the set deadline, and consistent with Warner Pacific’s philosophy of service.
- Required to have a combination of chapels and service hours that equal 25 for each semester.
- Must have a minimum of 5 chapels and 5 service hours.
- Service hours must be logged by the student prior to the deadline and be consistent with Warner Pacific’s philosophy of service.
Because we believe these experiences are essential to the growth and development of each student, participation in this program is a required component of what it means to be a student at Warner Pacific College. Therefore, students who do not complete and log the required number of hours for chapel and service prior to the set deadline will be fined $10 per missed hour, with a maximum fine amount of $200, at the end of each semester.
Community chapel services provide an opportunity to come together to celebrate, learn, and grow. This program is central to the College’s mission. Community chapel meets in McGuire Auditorium every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00-10:50 am.
Students with an unavoidable academic or work related conflict preventing he/she from being on campus may petition the chapel requirement using the online form. Applications must include the type of conflict, a specific schedule indicating which chapel dates cannot be attended, and supervisor contact information if the conflict is work related. Only complete applications will be considered.
Students will engage in many service opportunities to utilize their skills and interests for the betterment of our community. Occasional service opportunities will be hosted by Service Learning and courses with a service learning component. In addition, you have access to volunteering resources through Service Learning; these will assist you in connecting with community organizations.
Each student is required to personally log all of completed service hours using the online form. NOTE: a separate form will need to be completed for each service project.
Service hours must meet the qualifications of Service Learning at Warner Pacific in order to be accepted towards your overall service requirement.
To qualify toward your service hour requirement, completed service must:
- Meet a tangible need for our neighbors in or around the city of Portland
- Directly addresses one of the seven service categories as listed below (for full definitions, please contact the office of Service Learning):
- Economic Equity
- Gender Equity
- Racial/Ethnic Equity
- Youth & Child Support
- Support for the Elderly & Disabled
- Interfaith Relationship
- Ecological Justice
Service hour submissions are due the Friday before the last full week of classes each semester. Students will have one additional week following the deadline to submit service hours for half of the original fine amount. Once finals week has begun, no more service hour submissions will be accepted.
Please note: It is highly encouraged that you log any completed service hours above and beyond your required amount. In addition, internships may qualify toward your service hour requirement if they adhere to the requirements of what qualifies as “service” at WP.
Need to know your status?
Check your Chapel Credit and Service Hours on your myWP account.
- Click on the Resources-Student Tab.
- Then Click on the Spiritual Life Tab
- Then open the Faith and Service Report. Scroll down and find your ID number!
Reports will be updated weekly and posted to the myWP account.
Your electronic signature (using the online form below) indicates that you have read and understand the above information and fully agree to all policies and potential consequences described therein.
(Students: you must fill and submit this acknowledgement just once while you are student at Warner Pacific.)