The Warner Pacific College College Activities Board (CAB) coordinates and implements a variety of programs for WPC students.
CAB understands that social, physical and educational activities play an important role in a students’ overall experience and that they play a key role in the development of the student as a whole. Student activities help shape attitudes, affect one’s readiness to learn, and impact the quality of the college experience. These events also contribute to fostering a strong sense of community, encouraging the development of positive relationships among students, and creating opportunities for students to expand their involvement on campus and in the city of Portland.
The College Activities Board is responsible for coordinating all-student programming. There is always room for anyone who wants to be involved and have a good time. Become a CABBIE.
Here are some of the activities available:
• Intramurals – The intramurals program is a great way to connect with other students through fun competition. Your level of ability cannot keep you from being active and having fun! Some potential intramural sports are soccer, football, basketball, volleyball, frisbee golf, badminton, outdoor recreation and more!
• WPC Unplugged – This event is our monthly open mic night. Students are encouraged to share their talents in poetry, music, spoken word, dance, anything artistic and/or entertaining.
• Other Activities – CAB will often host movie nights, karaoke nights, game nights, holiday parties, study breaks etc.
• Fall and Spring Banquets – each semester, CAB hosts a dinner and a dance party!
• The Game – CAB hosts The Game once each semester. It is a game of stealth trickery and prowess. Whatever you do, don’t let the sock touch you.
• Other events – Please let us know if there is something that you are interested in having on campus! We’ll do our best to incorporate your ideas into our programming.