Officers are available to escort WPC students anywhere on campus.
Because we recommend that students, especially during evening and late night hours, walk the campus in at least pairs, officers are always available to escort Warner Pacific community members anywhere on campus.
Self Defense Training Classes
The Portland Police Bureau offers FREE self-defense training classes monthly through a program called WomenStrength. They offer Introductory, Intermediate, and Refresher classes.
- Introductory classes are taught in three hour evening sessions once a week for three weeks and are taught by volunteers, most of whom have gone through the program themselves.
- Intermediate classes are offered quarterly and are for women who have taken the 7½-hour Introductory class within the last six months and are interested in continued training. Intermediate classes are scheduled on a Saturday.
- Refresher classes are offered quarterly and are for women who have taken the Introductory class and would like to practice the skills that they have learned.
For registration information and other resources see the WomenStrength website or visit the Office of Student Affairs (Smith Hall, Lower D Wing).
Sexual Assault Resources
- Portland Women’s Crisis Line – 24-hour crisis line: 503.235.5333
- Sexual Assault Resource Center – 24-hour crisis line: 503.640.5311
- Multnomah County Crisis Line: 503.988.4888
- Rape Victim Advocates: 503.988.3222
- Pregnancy Resource Center: 503.256.0808