Peer Mentor Description
Peer mentors are upper division students who model success in the academic arena and responsible involvement in co-curricular activities. They serve as standard bearers, co-facilitators and a liaison between first-year students and the rest of the campus community.
Duties and Responsibilities as follows:
- being available to attend Peer Mentor training retreat/sessions prior to “Welcome Week”;
- being available to participate in the FYLC activities and City Search activity during Welcome Week”;
- attend one out of two FYLC classes/co-curricular activities each week during the fall semester;
- attend FYLC co-curricular activities throughout spring semester;
meet individually with students every other week in the role of peer mentor both semesters;
- assist FYLC instructors as co-facilitators in the classroom/co-curricular activities as appropriate; and
- meet with your assigned FYLC instructor/co-curricular educator on a regular basis throughout the semester.
Note: FYLC Peer Mentors are hired for fall and spring semesters (approximately 5-7 hours a week fall semester; approximately 2-4 hours spring semester).
Print out pdf of application or fill out the online form below.
DEADLINE: March 7, 2014