We’ll walk you through all the steps.
1. Go to www.pin.ed.gov and select your own PIN number; choose the option to view your PIN immediately.
- If you have already requested a PIN before you can skip this step.
- If you don’t remember your PIN you can request a duplicate.
- Dependent Students: one of your parents will need a PIN in addition to your own PIN.
2. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You will reference your previous year’s tax returns to answer several FAFSA questions.
- Tip: print out the FAFSA worksheets on the web to assist you with filling out the electronic form.
- Our School Code is 003225.
3. Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete Entrance Counseling (if you have never attended WP).
- All students should select “I am an undergraduate student” — this will take you to the Stafford Direct Loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized entrance counseling.
4. On www.studentloans.gov complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN).
- Select loan type: Subsidized/Unsubsidized (PLEASE DO NOT select Graduate PLUS or Parent PLUS).
- You will need your PIN and two references (with current contact info) to complete the MPN.