These are the steps you need to follow:
1. Go to fsaid.ed.gov and create your own FSA ID and password.
- If you have previously requested a FSA ID you can skip this step.
- If you don’t remember your FSA ID, you can have it emailed to you.
- Dependent Students: One of your parents will need an FSA ID in addition to your own FSA ID.
2. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- You will reference your previous year’s tax returns to answer several FAFSA questions.
- Tip: Print out the FAFSA worksheets on the web to assist you with filling out the electronic form.
- Our School Code is 003225.
3. Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete Entrance Counseling for student loans (if you have never attended WP).
- All students should select “I am an undergraduate student.” This will take you to the Stafford Direct Loan Subsidized/Unsubsidized entrance counseling.
4. Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for student loans.
- Select loan type: Subsidized/Unsubsidized (PLEASE DO NOT select Graduate PLUS or Parent PLUS).
- You will need your FSA ID and two references (with current contact info) to complete the MPN.