Online or On Campus
Theories of human development and human behavior provide a foundation for a wide variety of vocations in ministry, human services, and the social sciences. Whether you want to prepare for career opportunities or a graduate program, Warner Pacific College’s Bachelor of Science in Human Development could be the faith-based program right for you.
Available at our campus locations throughout Portland and Vancouver and online, this affordable program is suitable for anyone who wants:
- A versatile qualification for service careers in both the public or private sector;
- Preparatory knowledge for graduate study in social sciences or social work;
- A bachelor’s completion program designed around the needs of working adults;
- A program that emphasizes personal integrity within the context of Christian moral principles.
What You Can Learn
The human development degree is a two-year program consisting of 14 courses, the majority of which last five weeks. The program aims to develop your communication and interpersonal skills while teaching technical knowledge in psychology, sociology, and counseling.
Courses within the major include:
- Prenatal/Early Childhood Development
- Mid-Child/Adolescent Development
- Adult Development
- College Composition
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural Studies
- Ethics, Faith, Living and Learning
- Foundations of Human Development
- Human Sexuality
- Leadership and Supervision
- Learning Theory
- Research Design and Applied Statistics
- Spirituality, Character and Service
- Counseling Theory (six weeks)
Graduates of the program should demonstrate a holistic knowledge of human development within social systems along with technical research skills.
You can earn your bachelor’s degree in human development online or on campus at one of our six locations. Classes meet once a week in the evening. Throughout the program, you’ll work with the same group of 14-22 classmates, giving you the opportunity to develop meaningful and productive relationships. You’ll also benefit from our instructors’ personal attention.
Who Can Apply
The Bachelor of Science in Human Development is open to students who:
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience;
- Can provide proof of high school or GED completion, including an official transcript;
- Can provide transcripts from previous colleges attended showing 48 credits of coursework, with a GPA of at least 2.0;
- Speak English proficiently, if English is not their native language.
Applicants must also complete our application form and pay the $25 fee.
Flourish with Warner Pacific College ADP
Continue your journey with a Christ-centered college that’s focused on helping you flourish. Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more about Adult Degree Programs at Warner Pacific College today.