Online or On Campus
Health care is one of the fastest-changing industries in the United States. Enhanced medical technology, new treatment models, and a shifting regulatory landscape are all placing pressure on the clinical staff who treat patients. Health-related organizations of all kinds, from hospitals to HMOs, need administrators who have business organization skills rooted within the context of health care.
Our Bachelor of Health Care Administration program, available online or on campus, is ideal for people who want:
- To support health care delivery through skilled administration and change management;
- A short-term bachelor’s completion program;
- A program with convenient online study options;
- A program that emphasizes both technical knowledge of the health care industry and personal integrity.
What You Can Learn
The Bachelor of Health Care Administration is a two-year program consisting of 17 courses, the majority of which last five weeks. The program aims to develop your business decision-making and leadership skills while building your knowledge of the health care industry, including treatment models, insurance issues, laws and policies, and finances.
Courses within the major include:
- Alternative Health Care
- College Composition
- Critical Issues in Health Care
- Economics for Managers
- Ethics, Faith, Living and Learning
- Finances, Budgeting for Health Care Organization (six weeks)
- Health Care Ethics
- Health Care Organization and Delivery
- Introduction to Public Health Administration
- Leadership and Supervision
- Management Theory and Practice
- Principles of Managed Care
- Public Policy, the Law and Ethics in Health Care
- Quantitative Analysis for Business
- Spirituality, Character and Service
- The Context and Language of Health Care (four weeks)
- Senior Portfolio (two weeks)
Graduates of the program should demonstrate effective functional knowledge of health care management along with initiative, leadership skills, and a strong code of personal ethics.
You can earn your bachelor’s degree in health care administration online or on campus. You’ll advance through each course one at a time, working with the same group of 14-22 classmates throughout the program. Campus classes meet once evening a week, and online classes receive weekly assignments to complete in their own time.
Whichever option you choose, you’ll have access to the same courses, curriculum, and inspiring instructors.
Who Can Apply
The Bachelor of Health Care Administration is open to students who:
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience;
- Can provide proof of high school or GED completion, including an official transcript;
- Can provide transcripts from previous colleges attended showing a GPA of at least 2.0;
- Speak English proficiently, if English is not their native language.
You must also complete our application form and pay the $25 fee.
Flourish with Warner Pacific College ADP
Continue your journey with a Christ-centered college that’s focused on helping you flourish. Contact an enrollment counselor to learn more about Adult Degree Programs at Warner Pacific College today.