Warner Pacific’s major in Health and Human Kinetics offers authorizations in Teacher Licensure for Early Childhood/ Elementary or Elementary/Middle or Middle/High Physical Education; Exercise Science, a pre-grad course of study geared toward careers in physical therapy, sports medicine, research and college teaching; and Health/Fitness Management, for those students interested in business training in the fitness field.
- Graduates will demonstrate awareness of the basic concepts, theories, models and vocabulary necessary to understand the field of study.
- Graduates will recognize major issues, trends and historical developments within the field of Health and Human Kinetics.
- Graduates will integrate science and social science in the understanding and application of human movement.
- Graduates will critically evaluate research and data in the fields of Health and Human Kinetics.
- Graduates will identify and explore the moral and ethical challenges within their discipline.
- Graduates will refine and develop skills necessary for professional service in Health and Human Kinetics.
- Graduates will develop an awareness of the value of membership and participation in professional organizations (certification).
Part 1: General Education Core
(See Core Studies Requirements)
Part 2: Heath and Human Kinetics Major
33 Credits: 15 credits in residence, 20 credits upper division. Required:
|BIO 221||Anatomy and Physiology I||4|
|BIO 222||Anatomy and Physiology II||4|
|HHK 230||Introduction to HHK||3|
|HHK 310||Motor Learning||3|
|HHK 360||Organization and Administration of P.E.||3|
|HHK 460||Tests, Measurements, and Evaluation in Human Kinetics||3|
|HHK 470||Adapted Physical Education||3|
|HHK 475||Exercise Physiology||4|
Requirements for Optional Emphases in the Major:
Checklists for emphases are available from the appropriate subject matter advisor.
Required HHK Core plus 23 credits: 15 credits in residence. Required:
|PHS 211||General Chemistry||4|
|PHS 212||General Chemistry||4|
|PHS 221||General Physics||4|
|BIO 420||Mammalian Physiology||4|
Health Fitness Management Emphasis
HHK Core plus 21 credits: 15 credits in residence
|BUS 211||Financial Accounting||3|
|BUS 212||Managerial Accounting||3|
|BUS/PS 303||Business/Employment Law||3|
|BUS 310||Management Theory||3|
|SE 311||Entrepreneurial Leadership within an Urban Context||3|
|BUS 363||Introduction to Business Finance||3|
And select two credits from the following:
|HHK 109||Weight Training and Conditioning||1|
|HHK 120||Jogging/Fitness Walking||1|
|HHK 309||Professional Activities (Wellness)||1|
(Updated June 2014)